1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Fix the time bug with XBMC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chunkhead, Dec 1, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I know I get it quite a lot, but not sure about the rest of you. I know I'm not alone as I have spoken with other with the same concern!

The Problem:

Basically, you install\upgrade XBMC to find that your time and date are wrong. It will be like 'February 10, 1610' or some other time in the 1600's. No matter what you do, it won't let you change to the correct time or date. Even if you set it correct in the MS Dash, it still reverts to stupidity in XBMC.

The Solution:

Go to your 'Settings' and then follow through to the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With that all done, the time options should now be unavailable.

Restart your Xbox.

It should now ask your to fill in the MS Dash time. Ensure that this is correct.

When it sets it, go into the MS Dash clock settings and ensure that your timezone is correct and afterwards, the time is still correct.

That's it, the XBMC time system should now be fixed and you can turn off the 'Enable Internet Time Synchronization' option.

2. evilbulb

evilbulb Member

hey chunk. i just got XBMC and it finds my computer and all thru the SMB connection. but it says error or no connection 173xxxxxxx there are a bunch of #'s there, but i dont have them all. can u help?

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Have you read my networking guide?

4. evilbulb

evilbulb Member

NM, i think i got it

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  5. evilbulb

evilbulb Member

ok, new problem. i have norton all in 1 virus/firewall/spyware. how the hell do i allow it to allow the xbox to connect? i tried making a new rule with the xboxs ip address, but it wont work. the only way to make it work is to turn it off all together. BTW, you are a genius when it comes to this xbox mod shit and i lived near you, i just might have to hug you.