AfterDawn Forums

game wont show up on psp.

This discussion thread has 33 messages.

Im trying to put yu-gi-oh gx tag force 2 on my nephews psp, but it wont show up in the game part. He has 3.71 m33-2 the same as me and the game shows up fine on my memory stick. He also has the simsons game on his memory stick and that shows up fine aswell.
I know that his memory card is fake, it says magicgate unknown, but my memory card is also fake and it works perfectly on mine.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
▼▼ This topic has 32 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Fake cards cause problems. U have been lucky with yours. Buy a original from a trusted site. Then u will not have any problems. For the u will save on games surely its worth the extra few buying a original card
its strange though that it lets me play the simsons on it, unless if the file is so big then it wont show up, yugioh being 1.8 or something.

Oh well, my sis will probably buy him the game anyway. I once heard that shops sell fake memory cards and dont even know that there fake, so is there a safe place to buy an original memory card. I know that nearly all the memory cards on ebay are fake but youd think that proper retail shops would have a way of knowing there fake ones. I dunno.

Thanks anyway.
rakada Suspended account
power off then power on while holding R trigger check to see if your configs will let you run a game with the umd drive not in use if not enable m33 umd driver

removed violated forum rules
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Dec 2007 @ 11:33
Originally posted by rakada:
power off then power on while holding R trigger check to see if your configs will let you run a game with the umd drive not in use if not enable m33 umd driver

removed
Why don't you just like start a new thread so everyone can see it...
:)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Dec 2007 @ 11:34
Originally posted by fatleon5:
Im trying to put yu-gi-oh gx tag force 2 on my nephews psp, but it wont show up in the game part. He has 3.71 m33-2 the same as me and the game shows up fine on my memory stick. He also has the simsons game on his memory stick and that shows up fine aswell.
I know that his memory card is fake, it says magicgate unknown, but my memory card is also fake and it works perfectly on mine.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Well... If he really liked the game then why don't you just trade memsticks that would be great...
Quote:
Well... If he really liked the game then why don't you just trade memsticks that would be great...
Because then I couldnt play the game either, and I know what he will do with his memory stick anyway, I bet he will have like 1 game on it and pack the rest with music. He's only 7 so he likes music from games, on his 1gb memory card he already has the FF7 OST, the chrono trigger OST and most of the devil may cry OST :D
I suppose at 7 he should be grateful he has a modded psp because his mates havnt and im not downgrading and putting CFW on all his mates PSP's :D
Ah well, he has the other tag force game original so he'll probably like to have the original box and everything.

Thanks anyway.

p.s- I dont know why I end every post with "thanks" :D just habit I suppose.
The ISO he has is corrupted. Try downloading it from a another website.
Originally posted by BTFan:
The ISO he has is corrupted. Try downloading it from a another website.
Or use a torrent..

Cause some websites with ISO's may have broken links or corrupted files..
I was talking abiut torrents, never will I recommend PSPISO.com! Always torrents like mininova.org
I was talking abiut torrents, never will I recommend PSPISO.com! Always torrents like mininova.org
Ah, Ok...
Sorry my bad..
if other iso's work fine (simpsons) then its not likely to be a recovery mode setting.
jus download another torrent and let us know it if it works.

(+[__]%) black slim 3.60 OFW -> 3.71m33-2 -> 3.71m33-3
(+[__]%) white slim 3.60 OFW -> 3.71m33-2 -> 3.71m33-3
i use my memory cards for my mobile phone, psp, laptop and club dj'ing with pioneer cdj 1000mk3's.
I think the ISO is fine, because I can play it perfectly, I even compressed it to CSO to save space and it works fine again not even little glitches or anything, its gonna be a pain if I have to download it again because its quite a big file and my internets fairly slow and I dont go on the PC everyday and also it was the only torrent with decent seeds and it only had like 5 seeds, the rest had 1 or 2, but I will download again if I have to.
if the iso works fine in your psp then the iso is not the problem

backup what you need from your nephews memory stick ,format the memory stick and try again ,but put just the iso nothing more

you can also update to 3.71m33-3
Ok ill try that, I wont see him until saturday though. I didnt even know there was a m33-3 Ill update mine aswell, whats new from m33-2 to m33-3? just compatability and stuff?
Ok ill try that, I wont see him until saturday though. I didnt even know there was a m33-3 Ill update mine aswell, whats new from m33-2 to m33-3? just compatability and stuff?
You can now put themes in your PSP so no more chance of SEMI-BRICK..
via PTF Files
No, if the ISO works amd runs on your PSP but a part of it doesn't work than the ISO is corrupted. Happened to me with "The Sims 2 Castaway" when I got to create a sim, it froze and wouldn't work.

You must download the ISO from a different site.
No, if the ISO works amd runs on your PSP but a part of it doesn't work than the ISO is corrupted. Happened to me with "The Sims 2 Castaway" when I got to create a sim, it froze and wouldn't work.

You must download the ISO from a different site.
Or you could re transfer the files ...
I had a problem just like yours and fixed it by retransfering the files...maybe the copying didn't finish... and I got it corrupted....

Saves hours of downloading....
:)

No that almost never works, best thing is to download the ISO from another website and it doesn't take hours, it just depends on the amount of MB and your internet connection. For a 500MB game, it takes me about 1 hour and thirty minutes to download. It also depends on how much Seeds the torrent has.
this game is more than triple 500mb. I'll just redownload it some time. Right now im more focused on getting my ps3 working again (see my other thread)
lol I've never seen a 1500MB game... once you download it you can use PSP ISO Compressor to make it smaller so that you have less space in your Memory Stick Duo.

Also, this is the PSP section, we can't help you with your PS3.
I wasn't asking for help with my ps3, thats why I put see my other thread. The games roughly about 1.8gb, I dont use them iso compressors anymore, everytime I do either the game dont work or jumps really bad.
You should compress it to CSO format, always works for me. Only GTA: VCS was bugged because of the compression. Besides that it always works.
lol I've never seen a 1500MB game... once you download it you can use PSP ISO Compressor to make it smaller so that you have less space in your Memory Stick Duo.

Also, this is the PSP section, we can't help you with your PS3.
Well actually there is... there is even a 1.7 and 1.8 GB Games....

Maybe all your games are rip... :)

I wasn't asking for help with my ps3, thats why I put see my other thread. The games roughly about 1.8gb, I dont use them iso compressors anymore, everytime I do either the game dont work or
jumps really bad.
you will find several games around 1.7\1.8 gb since a umd max capacity is 1.8 gb dual layer ,because you have a fake memory stick it's normal that the games lag as a cso because fake memory sticks have slower reading and writing speeds

you can make the isos a bit smaller without compression with umdgen
http://umdgen.ps3news.com/utilities.html

open the iso with umdgen ,click umd properties then in the lower left side click optimtize and then save as a iso

or you can use a ripkit
http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=139

Originally posted by N01NOob:

..Saves hours of downloading....

the speed of the download from torrents depends one many things ,it depends if you have a good\fast internet connection
depends on the configuration of the program that you use to make the downloads

how many seeds\leechers have the torrent ,usually from private torrent sites the download is faster because they have more seeds and less leechers and people have to seed to build a good ratio
you can find a list of sites here
http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-s...rent-sites.html

also make sure that your firewall is not blocking the program that you use to make the downloads ,also you may need to open the ports in your router

or you may have a bad isp
http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs

just ask\search in the "windows p2p forum" read the guides there
http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/18
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.