1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grrr nero wont take my converted files (noob)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gruel, Nov 30, 2003.

1. gruel

gruel Member

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
    im converting my avi files to dvd with TMPGEnc then tryin to burn them in nero6 (DVD-Video) Grrr it comes up DVD-Video files compliance test faild. ive been tryin to do this since october. ps im new at this sort of stuff so please keep it simple :)

2. Fatboy_

Fatboy_ Member

You can't just burn a m-peg2 file straight to dvd..

You need to create the Vob files first to make it compliant with dvd-video..

Try ulead dvd moviefactory or tmpgenc dvd author.This will multiplex the audio and create the required files, then just drop them all into nero in dvd-video

3. gruel

gruel Member

cheers fatboy, but i have used TMPGEnc to convert the files first and then put them in nero. and its not been working :(

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

TMPGEc doesnt give you a VOB does it?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

After you have encoded your AVI files to Mpeg2 for DVD you then have to get a DVD Authoring Program..Your DVD Has to have Chapters and Menu"s set up and Nero does not do this...You need something like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" or "DVD-Lab" or "DVD Movie Factory" to Format the Mpeg2 Files with Menu"s and Chapters into Vob, IFO and BUP files all inside a "Video-TS Folder" and it is the Video-TS Folder you Burn to DVD with Nero, but usually that isn"t needed because the DVD authoring Program will usually do it.......Good Luck