1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia 6555 turns off (powers off) by itself, with charged battery.

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by dazhdbog, Dec 6, 2007.

1. dazhdbog

dazhdbog Member

Hi,
    My Nokia 6555 from AT&T occasionally turns off by itself, for no apparent reason, with almost fully charged battery. Did anyone experience similar problems, or knows a solution to this?
    Cheers!

2. ddogdahog

ddogdahog Guest

ya..
    my phone did have that problem... and i got another one thru att and the new phone did the same thing... so i dont know what is the problem either...
    and i called nokia and they told me that this is the first call they have gotten with this problem...

3. Spin0za

Spin0za Member

I've had the same problem. I just replaced the phone yesterday and the new one seems to be up to the same tricks.

It seems doubtful that Nokia has only heard of this once. More likely they just don't keep track of issues, so every repeated problem seems like something new until it reaches some critical mass.

Anyhow, this is a very annoying problem and makes the phone pretty useless for receiving calls in particular.

4. cstech02

cstech02 Member

Hi, I have this phone and had the same problem. Try turning the phone off every day, for about 10 minutes, for whatever reason they need to be powered down at least once every 2 or three days, but turning it off for 5 - 10 min a day helps.

5. tspshd

tspshd Member

My phone does the same thing and it is really annoying! Sometimes it will turn off while it is ringing before I get a chance to answer it. The person calling gets a normal ringing and then a busy signal, no chance to leave a message. They need to get this fixed.