AfterDawn Forums

Best ISO compressor

This discussion thread has 22 messages.

PSPgirl Suspended due non-functional email address
Hi guys, i have an ISO thats 1.68gig and i want to compress it. I've searched the forums and ive seen a couple of different compressors which one is best, and could you provide a link. i saw that ripkit strips audio and video, that ones not for me, so any suggestions:)

2.50>>2.71hen-d>>1.5>>3.03oe-c>>3.40oe-a>>3.52m33-4>>3.71m33-3

I know you dont care what CFW I have, but I like telling you
▼▼ This topic has 21 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
There's a good one called PSP ISO Compresser 1.4. It decompresses them and can compress them into CSO, DAX, and JSO. You can get it from http://psp-hacks.com
Better use the UMD GEN V4

LINK HERE

PSP (+[__]%): 2.80 < 1.50 > 3.40OE-A > 3.71M33-4 > 3.80m33-5 > 3.90m33-3 > 4.01m33-2 + 8gb MSPD
PS3 HD 60GB: 1.33 > 1.90 > 2.01 > 2.17 - NO OS
Nintendo DS [+[__]%]: EZ Flash 5 Plus + 1GB MicroSD + EZFlash 3in1
Nintendo Wii: 3.2U + 1GB SD Card + WiiKey 1.9s
PSPgirl Suspended due non-functional email address
thanks guys.

2.50>>2.71hen-d>>1.5>>3.03oe-c>>3.40oe-a>>3.52m33-4>>3.71m33-3

I know you dont care what CFW I have, but I like telling you
Originally posted by N01NOob:
Which one copmpresses the best?

UMD Gen v4 or PSP ISO Compressor 1.4?

Thanks

i always use umdgen
open the iso with umdgen ,click umd properties in the lower left side click optimize then save as a cso

there is another program to compress isos but i never use it
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1029
Originally posted by smlvfx:
Which one copmpresses the best?

UMD Gen v4 or PSP ISO Compressor 1.4?

Thanks

i always use umdgen
open the iso with umdgen ,click umd properties in the lower left side click optimize then save as a cso

there is another program to compress isos but i never use it
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1029

YOu know cause I have problems using UMD Gen..
-It's slow
-It put files in the temp folder ( my disk is full(C:\) so I can't use UMD Gen, but my other disk isn't.. (D:\))

So I use PSP ISO Compressor ... But I can't tell which ones the best..

they all compress the same
but when you click the optimize button in umdgen it will remove excess padding rezise dummy data and dummy the update folder

but if cant use umdgen try use YA_UMD_iSO_Shrinker_v0.3 just drag and drop the iso then hit the shrink button then use psp iso compressor to turn the file into a cso
http://www.playstation-scene.org/modules...viewtopic&t=874
Originally posted by smlvfx:
they all compress the same
but when you click the optimize button in umdgen it will remove excess padding rezise dummy data and dummy the update folder

but if cant use umdgen try use YA_UMD_iSO_Shrinker_v0.3 just drag and drop the iso then hit the shrink button then use psp iso compressor to turn the file into a cso
http://www.playstation-scene.org/modules...c&t=874

So if I use this Shrinker it won't rip anything from my ISO?

If I use this and then ISO Compressor I will have better results then just using UMD GEn?

Anybody compressed the same iso file with the different softwares? if so, what was your results? same size compressed file at the end?

DonJav
I have always used UMDGEN v4 - Not all ISO's i have found compress a great deal some are a lot better than others i have found.

Not tried the others but UMDGENv4 works great for me.

PsP#1 : 2.01>3.71M33-4>3.80 M33-5
PsP#2 (Slim) : 3.80>3.90M33-2 All hail the UPMS Stck
If you need a UPMS Stick go here and then go here :-) *As recommended by January39
I used to use UMDGen but there where a few games that it screwed up when compressing it. JACKASS the game was 1 of them. It would compress nicely but it wouldn't go past chapter 1 of the game.

So I use PSP ISO Compresser 1.4 all the time time. Works great.

So if I use this Shrinker it won't rip anything from my ISO?

If I use this and then ISO Compressor I will have better results then just using UMD GEn?
no it won't rip anything from the iso ,it will just rebuild the iso

with umdgen you can make the file a bit smaller because you can dummy the update folder ,the update folder is more or less 20 mb
i had a iso tht was like 1.21 gig nd i used psp compressor 1.4 nd i went down to 729 mg. is there anyway to make it smaller?
I have Castlevania and it was like 1.3 GB.... then I use PSP ISO Compressor and it went down to about 750 MB... And I was just wondering if I use UMD GEn I'll geta better result?

Thanks..

I have Castlevania and it was like 1.3 GB.... then I use PSP ISO Compressor and it went down to about 750 MB... And I was just wondering if I use UMD GEn I'll geta better result?

Thanks..
Strange, i used UMDGEN v4 and as a ISO at 604kb compressed to CSO at 382kb. Proper small. Smackdown 08 does well also. 1.7g down to 900mb :-)

PsP#1 : 2.01>3.71M33-4>3.80 M33-5
PsP#2 (Slim) : 3.80>3.90M33-2 All hail the UPMS Stck
If you need a UPMS Stick go here and then go here :-) *As recommended by January39
MidnightJ Suspended due non-functional email address

Thanks..
As far as i know PSP ISO Compressor, UMD GEN, and others all use the same compressing method that was made by Booster.

Originally posted by MidnightJ:

Thanks..
As far as i know PSP ISO Compressor, UMD GEN, and others all use the same compressing method that was made by Booster.
So neither one of them is the best nor the worst they all compress equally ...
:)

Originally posted by MidnightJ:

they all compress the same but with umdgen you can rebuild the iso first and then compress that makes the cso smaller

because i have a fake memory stick ,a piece of s****t made in hong kong,every time i try a cso it lags so i always use umdgen to rebuild the iso to make it smaller but i need to keep the file as a iso
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Dec 2007 @ 11:00
You can edit out unwanted stuff with UMDGen but this doesn't work all the time so it is a miss or hit when editing the ISO/CSO to take out parts of it.

Originally posted by larrylje:
You can edit out unwanted stuff with UMDGen but this doesn't work all the time so it is a miss or hit when editing the ISO/CSO to take out parts of it.
i only use umdgen i never had any problems ,i use it with all my isos and so far they all work fine
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.