1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSTT/R4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jodiebex, Dec 13, 2007.

1. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

I ordered an R4 for nintendo ds and have been told they may send a 'DSTT'instead. I have no experience of the DSTT - they tell me it is like R4. Has anyone tried the DSTT and are they giving me correct information? Advise would be greatly appreciated.

2. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Go look at this chart:

http://www.gadgetgear.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=3336

Are any of the differences between the products on there make or break for you?

If not and if "they" are wanting to send the DSTT instead of the R4 and not charge you any more money, I don't know if that is a bad or good thing. Might not be bad. I'm sure others will comment.

3. kattyl

kattyl Member

there is a shortage for R4 recently. But I got mine from www.ebuyrealm.com today.

4. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Thanks for the replies - I've already paid for my order of R4 and should receive in a day or two - I will have to see which they send R4 or DSTT. The DSTT looks very similar, I just hope its as easy to 'set up', ah well will keep me busy over christmas holidays.

5. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

Please do report back your success. I'm sure other will want to add it to the community knowledge base. Happy Holidays!

6. mtek

mtek Member

Saw this thread and thought I would shed some light!!

The story goes:

I purchased 2 R4s from ds-memory.net , when they arrived the were infact DSTTs ...I received a letter with them saying the R4 was now called DSTT ...not quite true....they are infact 2 different products completely. Which are Really good I might add ....Now I paid £54 for 2 R4s and the DSTT can be purchased for £12.50 inc delivery
    here..

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289

So personally I feel cheated as the price difference is around 50% and
    ds-memory.net didnt send a part refund or anything...I have emailed them for a refund or the can have them back as its not the product I ordered...

In short the DSTTs are as good even better Id say , but they retail at a lower price so if you do get the DSTT instead of the R4 ask for a discount or something ... The top and bottom of it is the R4 has sold out everywhere and the DSTT has just come out on the market therefore there is plenty stock...

regards m-tek

BTW if anyone needs any help setting them up visit my website

http://supex0.com/xforums/index.php?showforum=29

Theres DSTT firmware,skins and cheat files...

7. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

I am wondering which to get, an R4 or a DSTT from dealextreme... I dont have any of them yet.

Is the DSTT compatible with all of the homebrew and roms that the R4 is compatible with? And how about firmware updates.... where would we get them?

I read on youtube that the same people that made r4 also made DSTT

8. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

I ordered and paid for R4 from dealextreme on 28th November but then they told me couldnt deliver before xmas so I got a refund, no problem. Seems theres a shortage of R4's everywhere and my next order turned up as DSTT so I decided to give it a go. DSTT also have a website www.NDSTT.com to download the operating system. I was unable to use my R4 microchip in the DSTT and visa versa as the system files are different but the roms ok on both. Initially I had problems with screen freezing so formatted the microchip and reinstalled dstt system, then everything worked ok. DSTT only seems to have one 'skin' and this can be changed but I havent been able to install multiple choice like with the R4 'themes'- maybe someone can advise if this can be done. Ive only had the DSTT a few days so will come back and let you know how it goes on!! Cheers

9. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

Yes can you please post a little review of it?
    I am considering buying it from DX as well.

10. cassia

cassia Member

I ordered an R4 from DS memory on the 8th december. A dstt arrived today. The enclosed note told me it was the new name for the R4 but then went on to say it was better and faster. How could it be if it was the same one. I have already been in touch re a refund as I had 5 emails from the 9th to last night telling me it had been or was about to be dispatched.I requested a refund or I will go to trading standards.I had another email this morning asking me to call and if I had received the goods. If anyone wants the no. just say and I will post it.I intend to ask for a discount in a minute.Will let you know the outcome.

11. mtek

mtek Member

Ive spoke to Dan @ ds-memory and hes alright ...if you want a refund he will give you one!!!The DSTT is just as good as the r4 in my book , and there was no way you would have got one this side of christmas anywhere else....

12. cassia

cassia Member

I don't mind receiving an alternative but I like to be asked first! I am annoyed that his website stated it had stock when I ordered my R4 but obviously didn't. I have emailed him and will call if I don't get my refund.

13. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

I too was expecting the R4 but to be fair the ds-memory site did say R4/DSTT?? Dan e mailed me his phone number (which he didnt have to do) and after speaking with him I am happy with our agreement. I think you will have no problems if you want a refund. Why not give the DSTT a go, like me,- the more of us that try it the sooner we can advise others.
    Cheers,

14. cassia

cassia Member

The site does say R4/Dstt but it I don't remember the Dstt being on the site when I ordered. Can anyone else confirm this?
    It also now states no deliveries before Christmas which it didn't when I ordered on the 8th December.I had a guaranteed delivery of the 11th then the 18th then the 21st and a Dstt arrived today 24th. See why I'm a bit fed up? I had to go out and get another present yesterday just in case! Yet it was supposedly in stock when i ordered.If he had just once said sorry that would have been fine.
    Dan is refusing to give me a discount saying tough just because the Dstt is cheaper elsewhere is my fault not his. I ordered and was confirmed an R4. All my emails state R4 not Dstt. According to one of the other comments this Dstt is only worth half as much too!
    I am really fed up with the whole thing and I am really tempted to go to Trading Standards as he has sent me a note stating that the R4 has now been renamed the Dstt and is the same item.Am I being a Christmas scrooge or do I have a point? All comments welcome on his side or mine. :)

15. cassia

cassia Member

Sorry in Dans defence he did offer a full refund if i returned the Dstt. I actually asked for a discount.The whole point of this is that if a shop gives you an alternative they normally apologise and give an item of equal or higher value. Does anyone else know how much this Dstt is worth?
    ps Please feel free to tell me to shut up and get a life if you want cos I'm beginning to sound like a real moaner aren't I.

16. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

17. mtek

mtek Member

When I ordered it was advertised as an R4 then the wording changed to R4/DTSS .....I agree that we should of been notified about the change ... But Im happy now as it works mighty fine!!!

18. cassia

cassia Member

It might work fine but to be honest I don't have a clue how to use it! I have never tried this before and I cannot even get the basic files to download. My daughter tried as it's her present and failed and I've tried all afternoon and all I want to do now is throw it out of the window!I thought from researching it that it would be asimple load and go type of thing. Doesn't help that the R4 had a cd with it and this doesn't. Glad to hear that I wasn't wrong and that the wording was changed afterI ordered the R4.

19. jodiebex

jodiebex Guest

Cassie, suggest you format the micro sd and try again. Earlier in this post mtek 20th Dec provided a link supex0.com etc.. with kernel download and some tips. Thanks to mtek for that! Zombie x2 done good review and jason 8818 - cheers for the website. Happy new year to everyone!!

20. cassia

cassia Member

Thanks. Don't know what I was doing wrong but managed to sort it last night finally. Simply wiped everything and started again and hey presto! Thanks for your help. Merry christmas , Happy New Year to all.Ps. It is very easy and I am happy with this card now.