1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. BozoKlown

BozoKlown Member

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.....might be the cheap burner....maybe the media.
    Scuba pete...I read other posts where you had talked at length about this in some other sections on here and d/l'd the dvd identifier software. The discs are labeled Fuji 8x....the dvd identifier stated that it was Taiyo Yuden type 02.......I don't recall if this is good or crappy media. I presently use DVD Decrypter and burn that to hard disc and then use Nero Recode to shrink and burn it to fit a DVD-5(when I had the problem, I tried doing same thing with DVD Shrink and it wouldn't work either). BTW..all seems to still be working since the last round of clean tools and reinstall of DVD43, DVD Decrypter and Nero OEM Suite. Have burned 4 movies in past 2 days :D

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@BozoKlown,

A friend dropped off some Fuji discs today and low and behold, they were TY's. A good disc. Why then, I asked myself did some Fuji discs I was given 3 weeks age come up Pioneer ?

Answer: Fuji right now is all over the spectrum. It's a major crapshoot - from very good to very poor and you'll only know when you get'em home. Go Figure ?

As for your problem with DVD Shrink, I haven't a clue. The same guy writes both DVD Shrink and Recode2. If you want to work with Shrink, then rip with DVDD pick up the files with Shrink and burn with either Nero OR DVDD and you'll be good to go.

The quality may be a tiny bit better with Shrink (because you have various settings in the Quality settings) BUT they are very close. The main difference, when doing a re-author (Recode's Remake a DVD mode) you will have working menus with Recode2 but not with Shrink and that's the only difference !

Try the guide in my sig if you wish -

Pete

3. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Seems like companies are getting lax in their quality controls lately. Ritek/Ricoh/Ridata had fluctuating results over the summer when it started introducing RITEKG05, and some places were selling the lesser grades/returns as Grade A when they weren't.

4. pooterpie

pooterpie Member

I had the problem with NeroRecode not working like many others here. I found and renamed the nendgui.dll to nendgui.dxx and the program worked fine. This was located in
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter

What I noticed though, was that the .dll file version seemed old. When I right-clicked on it and selected properties, it showed version 2.6.2.9 - last modified December 2 2004.
    I left the file renamed and I re-installed Nero Vision Express and sure enough, there was a new nendgui.dll file back in the same directory. The good news is that the file version is now 3.0.0.5 - last modified Feb 18 2005. The program works fine now.
    I am assuming that the latest update isn't overwriting that old file and is causing problems.

Hope that helps someone

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Pooterpie,

Which symptoms were you experiencing prior to this fix you found?

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I just tested this issue on 3 XP systems, upgrading from NVE30127 to NVE3100 and in all cases the nendgui.dll file is upgraded.

If it fails to upgrade, this would indeed cause problems. But this would not explain those who use the Nero General Clean tool and then did a fresh install and still had these two symptoms of Nero Recode closing, or Nero Recode not a seeing Titles from 'Remake a DVD' option.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

7. drlight

drlight Member

I have installed nero and nero express,
    and have prob with recode crashing (win crashes) as soon as you select anything.
    I installed about 10 serial numbers for nero plug-ins (i don't have installed) to see what effect recode would through up when I ran.

Suprisingly the crashes have stopped?
    AL

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Can you send me the serial key you had installed initially, that caused Nero Recode to 'crash'?

I've still not had anyone send me one of these serial keys, to see if that is the issue or not. :-(

You can send it to me at techsupport4@nero.com

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hello Everyone,

Thanks to one of the AfterDawn Forum Members, I have finally recieved a Serial key to confirm the issue of Nero Recode crashing when you launch it. This is indeed a Serial key related issue, as any other serial key that I use does not show this symptom, and the serial key was indeed a valid serial key. I've generated a bug report so our Engineers can look into this issue now that they will be able to duplicate this.

Till this is resolved, anyone who has a problem of Nero Recode crashing as soon as they launch it, or try to click on any of the options, please send an Email to our Techsupport@nero.com and tell them you have a defective serial key that causes Nero Recode to crash, and that this is a bug confirmed by Craig at Nero Inc. You will need to provide them with your serial key so that they can confirm this is a defective serial key, and so they can provide you with a replacement serial key. They will need to know your Name, Email Address, and your Serial key. They may ask for some proof of purchase, I'm not sure at this point.

I hope this is resolved soon in our next releaes of our software, so that we do not need to replace too many serial keys.

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks again to all the Forum members here. I could not have resolved this issue without your assistance.

Best Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

10. TDY

TDY Member

Craig,will this new update by Nero fix the problem of Recode 2 not detecting the Video_TS files and on the new Nero Burning Rom fix the Parameter error on disc's that are created?

11. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Member

Thanks Craig to diligently listening to this thread and hopefully the pending update will nullify this!

I have been testing and looking at this problem of not detecting Video_TS files for about a week and working on a PC with DVD rom to DVD writer copying. I'm not using imagedrive to which a lot of messages seem to relate.

I am getting occasional coasters still but the test machine is only a 667MHz 256Mb celeron.

This is a workaround tested under WinXP (high spec PC) and under Win98 (above system)

If using Anydvd or similar ensure it has had time to 'activate' on any disc insertion that follows, but fault/workaround applies without Anydvd loaded.

DVD writer is sec IDE channel Master, DVD rom is sec IDE channel slave, files stored on root of IDE secondary slave.

Start recode
    Insert source dvd in writer and start Import
    Click cancel when analysis starts
    Eject and then insert source dvd in dvd rom drive (wait for anydvd or the like)
    Click import again and change drive source
    When analysis starts again can insert a blank disc in writer, but don't do it before as it resets the workaround.

I don't think the above would resolve the imagedrive configurations and I'm still getting notable problems with DMA on the win98 PC as I can only enable one device for DMA on the secondary channel at a time and when I do I get occasional block errors.

If anyone is running 98 with a working DMA on both channels to DVD rom and DVD writer then could they post, otherwise I'm tempted to think this is a recode issue with ASPI and may be relevant as with imagedrive only one device is DMA according to the logs posted. DMA seems to work fine with everything else.

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Craig,

Many thanks for your very valuable time. Without you, many of us would be in the dark.

All in all, it's a good marriage :D)

Pete

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Yes, we are expecting the new release of Nero Recode to resolve all the reported issues.

They have on our test systems that were able to duplicate them. But we will not know for sure till we get feedback from you and other users. :-(

But we are 99% sure it will resolve the issue. :)

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

14. BozoKlown

BozoKlown Member

Craig...glad u r on top of things.....hope the new release fixes issues as well. Update on my problems, which were different that for others....all seems to be working fine now. I used clean tools and did fresh install with all the latest updates available and also installed the Nero ASPI as directed in it's readme. The only two problem backups that I had were "Forgotten" and "Resident Evil Apocalypse" and those problems disappeared when I reduced burn speed from maximum to 4x and didn't use the burn direct to disc option. Thanks to everyone for their imput and help. BTW...I am going to check out the current nendgui.dll and see which version and date it shows just to satisfy my curiosity.....I will post on here what I find.

15. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Hey craig/scuba;

Were any of the test environment machines able to duplicate the instances I had mentioned before about making image files that were greating than 95x MB's if and only if DVD-R DL engine enabled versions of Nero Burning ROM (6.6.0.8/8a) or Nero Vision Express (3.1.0.0) were installed? That the images would have the packet header errors in them?

16. drlight

drlight Member

hi db minter

I still get the "burning layer 2" informaion during recoding a film and it never plays.
    also
    drlight

it maybe due to do with the serial tag and set straight with next release.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  17. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

drlight (BTW, in many places, I'm called by some variation of Dr. Wily :>)

Try using Recode to write to a folder instead. The files should be fine and then you can use Nero Burning ROM to create a DVD-Video job and import the files into the VIDEO_TS folder. I've not had a problem with DVD's Recode has made when doing this. It is something in the image creation phase only and only when NBR 6.6.0.8 or .8a or NVE 3.1.0.0 are installed. Due to, IMO, the DVD-R DL engine, the only common factor between the two versions and apps in these revisions.

You can also install NVE 3.1.0.0, copy the Recode folder to a temporary location, uninstall 3.1.0.0, install the previous NVE revision, whose number escapes me, and NBR 6.6.0.6, and copy over the 3.1.0.0 install Recode folder, overwriting the files. You can then use the latest version of Recode to make images without the error. As long as you use pre 6.6.0.8/3.1.0.0 revisions, Recode will not create images with the Burning Layer 2 problem and thus the discs will play fine. In my experience it has been. Even Recode going as far back as NVE 3.0.2.4 or something like that was affected only when 6.6.0.8x/3.1.0.0 were installed.

Try out these solutions and see if they also help you, too, and let us know. That way, we can say it's not just a solution that has worked for one person.

18. BozoKlown

BozoKlown Member

Here is my nendgui.dll info....it is older than either one that pooterpie posted.....2.0.0.8 last modified 09/13/2004. Don't know if this means anything other than I am using an older version of 6.0 that was OEM with my burner instead of the full retail package but I don't seem to be having the problems anymore.

19. DFL

DFL Member

I just tested the new version dated yesterday, 6.6.0.12 and the Recode problem appears to have been fixed! I tried it on two machines along with the latest NVE 3.1.0.0, and it appears to be working the way it should. Has anyone else tested the new version yet?

Thanks Craig and Nero, appreciate the support.

20. Spurgeon

Spurgeon Member

Tried 6.6.0.12 no change with slave DVD reader issue. I notice the change log on nero site has NVE 3.1.0.0c, but there is no download for this.