1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid of The Console Forum Rooms

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by borhan9, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

settle down you 2!!

2. DrkTwr

DrkTwr Member

@ TYCOBB,

QUOTE:"I went in the forum and everyone is just sitting there taking it and laying down for this idiot.Report him! I don't get why I have to do all the heavy lifting in the next gen forums... "

When I am in a forum and someone is flaming, it doesn't really bother me too much, it just shows their anger at themselves. Nobody has to do any heavy lifting, just chill and have a good time like we are supposed to man. Also, where is the report button?

3. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Me and face aren't flamming each other here, we're good friends so sorry if it sounded like that.That's precisely my point though we mostly agree it's newer members causing the most mayhem.That's not to say they all do ,most newbies are pretty well behaved.

@DrkTwr when I say heavy lifting I mean reporting.We have established that we don't need more mods ,just more reporting.That's what this whole thing is about.We can't expect the console forums to get better by sitting around doing nothing.

I agree though and I have lots of fun here.Believe me.The report button is to the right of the timestamp(by members names) it says "report an offensive post".Do you see it?

4. ireland

ireland Active member

LETS NOT GET RID OF CONSOLE FORUMS

let just rename the board to

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

^^

Lmao!!

6. face123

face123 Regular member

Gret idea. And that is another thing. It isint really the older systems that get flame wars everyday. It's a lot more in the "next gen" section.

Oh and I didint mean any harm to tycobb.

7. ddp

i know, you 2!!

8. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

if it was anyone else other than those two it prob could have have gotten ugly

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  9. ddp

no as they might have been banned whether temp or perm

10. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Indeed. This is the last place anyone would want to start trouble.

11. DrkTwr

DrkTwr Member

TYCOBB, all I have is a link to the message and PM the member, is something wrong that I don't have the report offensive button?

12. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@DrkTwr

I think the fact that your still a newbie means you dont get that option yet. I think once you move up u will have that option. The only way u could report some one is copy and paste the link to a mod and send them a pm and see what they do about it.

Once you move up the ladder u will have that oppertuinty.

13. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Ah shucks you know I didn't think about that.Yeah I appologize,I haven't been a newbie for a while .Well anyways to bump up to junior member it only takes 25 posts so your probably almost there!

You can see your post count by clicking the "my account" button at the top left of the page:)

@borhan9 thanks for that.Silly me...

14. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@tycobb

No probs anytime :)

15. KoOkOo67

KoOkOo67 Guest

Actually I think it's a bad idea because some people really took hours posting/researching there oppinions and knowlage about the consoles. It would be a shame to see those threads dissapear. (expessially mine.

16. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@KoOkOo67

Alot of us are not saying to get rid of the completley, we are saying that it should just be relocated to the sister site Blasteroids, thats all.

17. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

In addition to what borhan9 said we still want the links on AD as well so no one that might not know gets left out. It's like a smooth transition just a redirect ;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  18. ireland

ireland Active member

this could be the reason why the Consoles boards are nuts..

Study: Why Teens Don't Care
    By Sara Goudarzi
    LiveScience Staff Writer
    posted: 07 September 2006
    05:33 pm ET

If you ever sense teenagers are not taking your feelings into account, it's probably because they're just incapable of doing so.

The area of the brain associated with higher-level thinking, empathy, and guilt is underused by teenagers,
    reports a new study. When considering an action, the teenage medial prefrontal cortex, located in front of the brain, doesn't get as much action as adults.

"Thinking strategies change with age," said Sarah-Jayne Blakemore of the University College London Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience. "As you get older you use more or less the same brain network to make decisions about your actions as you did when you were a teenager, but the crucial difference is that the distribution of that brain activity shifts from the back of the brain (when you are a teenager) to the front (when you are an adult)."

Teen thinking

In the study, teens and adults were asked how they would react to certain situations. As they responded, researchers imaged their brains.

Although both adults and teens responded similarly to the questions, their brain activity differed. The medial prefrontal cortex was much more active in the adults than in the teens. However, the teenagers had much more activity in the superior temporal sulcus, the brain area involved in predicting future actions based on previous ones.

Adults were also much faster at figuring out how their actions would affect themselves and other people.

"We think that a teenager's judgment of what they would do in a given situation is driven by the simple question: 'What would I do?'" Blakemore said. "Adults, on the other hand, ask: 'What would I do, given how I would feel and given how the people around me would feel as a result of my actions?'"

Developing sensitivity

Children start taking into account other people's feelings around the age of five. But the ability develops well beyond this age, the new research suggests.

And while some of this sensitivity could be the result of undeveloped regions in the brain, the experience that adults acquire from social interactions also plays an important role.

"Whatever the reasons, it is clear that teenagers are dealing with, not only massive hormonal shifts, but also substantial neural changes," Blakemore said. "These changes do not happen gradually and steadily between the ages of 0–18. They come on in great spurts and puberty is one of the most dramatic developmental stages."

The results of the study were presented today at the BA Festival of Science in the UK.

* Why Teens are Lousy at Chores
    * Kids are Depressing, Study of Parents Finds
    * No, Duh! Sex in Media Drives Earlier Teen Passion
    * Your Brain Boots Up Like a Computer
    * Top 10: Mysteries of the Mind

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060907_teenage_feelings.html

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    and what if your 30 and still going thru some/most of it >>

20. Ripper