1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading embedded video: .swf files

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by CiDaemon, Oct 28, 2006.

1. boston5

boston5 Member

Any news on downloading content from Atom Films? Still unable to do this....

2. dude081

dude081 Guest

3. edgie

edgie Member

I have this site that I am not able to locate the url for the video embedded, can anyone help me please? Thank you very much guys!!

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance~

4. acevanti

acevanti Member

Hey everyone, came across your site and saw how you were able to help so many people. I reckon i've got a real challenge here and i've tried your various methods with no success, were you able to take a look?

im trying to download the video "yin" a tropfest video finalist. This file just seems to be to packedly hidden. im baffled.

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-a...dd1efff9&p=AUentertainment_AUtropfest&t=m2290

if you can please please help me, i would do anything

5. tdhelder

tdhelder Member

6. tdhelder

tdhelder Member

Using firefox type into the url field "about:cache" this will return the location of the hard drive cache on your computer. browse over to this folder it should look something like this "C:\Documents and Settings\operator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\muoawmzm.default\Cache"

Go to the listed video and when the video starts you will see an entry for it. "ctrl-r" will refresh the page. When the program has finished downloading, or when the grey bar has filled, copy and paste the resulting file to a new location. In your case it will be over a 100meg file. Rename it with a file extension of .flv and use flv player to play it. Or if you have macromedia flash you may embed it into a swf file.

Flv player is available from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WEB-Design/Flash/FLV-Player.shtml

It is free

7. acevanti

acevanti Member

Hey everyone,

i've found a cool way to download any movie. What you need
    1. WM Recorder 11.1 - demo version
    2. Cocsoft Strem Download - buy it or some how make it full version ;)

open WM recorder, then load your streaming video, WM recorder will automatically find the videos url, and then copy and paste the url into cocsoft stream download and bob's my mothers, sisters, wifes, cousins auntie!

Hope this helps someone. It did for me on ninemsn.com.au

8. Ivva

Ivva Member

Can anyone please help?
    I'm trying to grab bloopers from this page http://www.theocinsider.com/backstage/bloopers.html

I tried recording with screnvirtuoso (but the recording didn't have sound), i tried video download plugin...and it says: (ttp://www.theocinsider.com/video/bloopers/season04/401_01_sandwich.html[ http://www.theocinsider.com/../../FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf ] Right-click -> "Save Target As" OR copy and paste the link into your download manager.
    )

it's not helping

there are 2 objects on the page, the second is embeded and it's named:
    /FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf

how can i grab that? please reply ASAP

9. bismuth19

bismuth19 Member

Has anyone here tried URL helper?
    Work well for me to download videos from daum.net

10. rc96

rc96 Member

Just joined the boards and a lot of info, I usually don't have problems downloading videos that are imbedded. But this one is stumping me with everything I can think of.

http://ntv.ca/videovault/

It's a "week in review" show but can't find where the file is. All it shows me is main.swf but that's the menu animation. Tried my tricks with Firefox and advice here but still stumping me.

Friend of mine is one of the anchors on the clip actually so trying to download the file. :) Thanks for any help.

Rob

11. treesap

treesap Member

I have one that has stumped me.
    It's a video of basketball great Wayne Estes.

http://www.nbcsports.com/sports/1122671/detail.html

The file that I found was called embedded.swf.

http://video.nbcuni.com/embed/player_1-2/embedded.swf

It's 137K and is full of this hexidecimal garbage.

I found the letters "SWF" in the middle of the file, but everything around them is undecipherable to me. It seems as if it's encrypted.

Here's an extract from where I found "SWF"

¸ß‚ðMÀ,‘Ù¹úþ:¾ð¸€Æ5Ћ o[Ç�ðÆ
    M¢Zø€À´[õË‹¦ÄHb½1Q<6!+:_¶¢Ç7¯"e’:ðwiIV4øW4.+zƒÇn\�Ýð\Ó’ªiûÃxòòûrzbo ai†ˆ¥/^ˆU@î¶1ÄTeZ°:Ót¾9)¹†
    úás˜>Ãvúк{»LR«ƒ¢ÕoU$tP…ÈÄ>(ŸŸO°:)Ò 烗D)�Ê}p]½ì¬DB6ì çp¾uS‡ó¸çûtɈÍ|Íæùð#Ìó탰s|‘âÜ
    +¯k�aj®îÙ‰I¤µ]Dƒg'„‚híù7ž@ý^Î">
    ¿ŠCtšXÛœÍÙVosn×ÙœÛÕ›ó¤³9OÖÛœ§êlÎS›S’#æü1R�H–éd=SWF�íi©Ç6m=##–…˜øuXý:¤~õ¨_GÕ¯#ê×1õë¸úuBý:R1sN:bSž¬OWΈ•óWaÀõàññ *W)FŽGëƒjjPµ�6MÉ“œ†ô¾6¢[VŸ®X5e4¡ãFÊ‚•Ô•ep
    ïºJÿ_ðM]¥Í5¥ÀEþÆ›R4¤�D-qb³á�¡–ëfÃÃvO°ä�á«>/°ä�á=Á’?†óKþÞí –ü1¤<Á’?†IO°ä�á‚'XòÇ°×,ùcø[æ–ü1ü–'XòÇðO°ä�á;A‚÷^¡v¾µßºC>�‡}›#se¦™{)sÖ‘¹�2o82£”yÜ‘¹Ÿ2·;2P¦Š1~Pmâó|eèCò€>lõÈÃó”#×)¯‡§>¿Ö[ÿÂh|±FŒ9]¤¢"i7Î=}JV:ûŒ´Îc°ä¼‡,�oƬ«×Ù�{ÙYÒù@ƒŽl fü¿mZîÿŽiÿ»¦þ¿5
    ïÏtðû¦»€?0Íë?gúø¼éoàub›Žl NþÈô^ðEÓ{Á¿34ö:L\{ë4Ì€}°Þ:<þ#ëöb“?=˜cT0l%;�
    ¶2œ�âY1/�¥Ð´‚�,:

Can anyone help me?

12. Furion

Furion Member

Hello everyone i've been trying to get this movie off this site

http://www.channel4.com/fourdocs/archive/the_dying_room_player.html

But im unable to do so. And i've looked and the media tab in the page info, but all i can get are the adv .swf files. Can anyone help me with this? It's for a school project and would be very much appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  13. jeane1976

jeane1976 Member

14. tompie83

tompie83 Guest

Hey

I want to download some video for school, but I can't find how ...

This is what I've got this far ...

the video starts playing when you open , I've checked the page-info and found that it referred to /source/tvs2007.swf, I thought I found it and downloaded the file, but when I wanted to convert it, it would only show one frame (the framework around the actual video and not the video itself), the same thing happenend when I openend the downloaded .swf file in firefox (or I.E. for that mather).

So I started looking further and that's when I've gotten to this site, when I read the explanation about the Zelda.swf it seemed to me that this was kind of the same thing, only that here the real video wasn't only hidden but embedded in the .swf file I downloaded ...

Anyway, I downloaded a Hex Converter and gave it a try, but I couldn't find anything I could use... I tried the same with the Zelda.swf to see if I got the same result as you did (and find out if I was doing anything wrong), and I did ... so now I'm absolutely clueless ...

I haven't got any idea about how and where I can find the actual video file itself ... if you can help me I would be (being a newbie, especially to this forum) very gratefull ...

Hopefully someone can help me
    Thx

ps: my english isn't flawless, I'm aware of that, sorry :)

15. jincaxt

jincaxt Member

Hi I tried this and it worked, thank you very much. but how can I stop firefox from auto purging the cache file before I have time to copy and paste it?

EDIT: it also cuts off the end of the file...even though the file in the cache folder seems to have loaded completely.

I tried all sorts of embedded video downloaders but all it does is downloads a file called "FLVPlayer_Progressive".
    Help would be very much appreciated :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  16. lecki

lecki Member

hi guys. any luck with atomfilms.com yet?

17. dorae

dorae Guest

18. Unoblemen

Unoblemen Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  19. jbilhouse

jbilhouse Guest

20. Trace_II

Trace_II Member

I tried to download this

but it didn't do anything.

Also, is there a simpler way do download linked flash without a hex editor?