1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to: Update Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 (R.I.P 28/11/2008)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanmac30

seanmac30 Member

Yea tried what SG8 a few times but no luck. I'll pop back in a bit!

2. SG8

SG8 Active member

3. seanmac30

seanmac30 Member

4. spursrule

spursrule Member

hello there , you boys and grils are doing a great job out there we these codes, dont know what we would do with out you,

i have a question and need help and advice if pos.

(1) i downloaded the coeds and got it up and running in my area it was fine , took it back to my brother and it couldnt find transponder , i brought it home and there was nothink at all.
    (2) i put the code for my area in manualy it works fine, what am i doing wrong.
    (3) if i just do the down load and take straight around my brothers house and plug it in would that be better as he has a differant provider than me, he lives in thurrock area i have c&w.
    hope you can help out
    (2)when i got it up and running in my area before with the down load

5. SG8

SG8 Active member

Are you trying to confuse us 1..2..3..2??

Once you have the software on I would think you may just have to do a new scan at his house, you may need to change the symbol rate.
    Am not 100% sure on this so someone else may advise better.

6. spursrule

spursrule Member

thanks mate will try that out and see what happens, if i dont come on here tomorrow you will know it works ,
    many thanks

7. spudz58

spudz58 Member

hi folks,

i posted the below message about this time yesterday in the hope that someone could help me. Alas, either my post has been missed or else no one can help me :(

If someone could even let me know they cant help then i can chuck my box in the bin and stop pulling my hair out. Thanks in advance for any help.

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you used the the installation disc that came with the usb cable

9. spudz58

spudz58 Member

There was no installation disc with the USB cable - the cable i have is the USB to RS232

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

is it this one? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

11. spudz58

spudz58 Member

no its a cable i bought at a local hardware store - its called an imax usb to rs232 converter. Ive actually just found the installation disk for it - it was hidden between 2 layers of card in the packaging!

ive got it installed now and its showing as port 4. however when i hit the download button on the update, it just says "waiting for the response of your reciever" and nothing happens...

sorry to be a pain...

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

The most common issue when installing the USB adapter and driver is selecting the correct port for your map software to recognize.

You must make sure your particular software is looking on the correct port for it to transfer any data.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
    2. Right click on "My Computer"
    3. Select "Properties"
    4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
    5. Click on "Device Manager"
    6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
    7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected .Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
    Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected.

13. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Should that not be 18.4.08

14. SG8

SG8 Active member

15. SG8

SG8 Active member

Jaysus, at least come back and let us know it worked!! lol

16. SG8

SG8 Active member

[/quote]

Sorry about not replying, but would not be an expert on this so I decided I would be better to leave it to those who know!

17. spudz58

spudz58 Member

Hi Celtic71, thanks for the info. Ive now assigned the USB adapter to com3 and disabled the other com devices so com3 is the only detectable port. Unfortunately the update im using(Eurovox Max V with Kuro 18.04.08 UPDATED) still says no reciever found. When it displays the list of com ports and i select com3, it just says "waiting for the response of your reciever" and nothing happens...

I def have the 2008 Eurovox Max V (not a clone) which is a black box with silver buttons. Is there anything else i could be doing wrong?

18. malci

malci Guest

Just a thought on this, might be worth a try, in the old fashioned way of flashing a Eurovox - when you received that message "waiting for a response etc." we had to remove power from Eurovox "unplug from power and then plug right back in" with the box in standby of course - might be worth a try, but I have not encountered it since the (Unified Flash Loader) firmware came out.

19. spudz58

spudz58 Member

Thanks for the info Malci. Alas, no joy. Ive tried as you said but the response remains the same. there just doesnt appear to be any communication between my PC and the box. Do you think there could be a problem with the usb to rs232 converter im using? It all appears to be installed correctly and is set as COM3 and my pc recognises that there is hardware connected when i plug in the usb adaptor but beyond that there is nothing happening.

Might just be clutching at straws tho... God i need a drink!

Any further help or advice would render me eternally grateful...

20. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I had the same problem and the only way I got arould it was to go straight from the box to the PC by Installing a pci serial card in my PC, They cost around 10.00 pounds and this ensures you get a direct feed from your pc to your box, NO confusing issues like a USB adapter slowing it down or not being able to sort the drivers out and so on.

Just a thought by no means the right way but it worked for me and I have flashed alot of other boxes and tryed the original way with the USB adaptor and it didnt work with me, Also a Bi directional USB adaptor is needed for it to work correctly!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.