1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to burn .dmg in Popcorn???

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by jwnulife, Dec 16, 2007.

1. jwnulife

jwnulife Member

I have a problem. I am trying to copy The Godfather Part II onto a dual layer dvd. I normally use three programs: Mac the Ripper, Dvd2Onex and Popcorn. The problem is that I after I ripped the movie with Mac the Ripper and use Popcorn to select the fileset, Popcorn automatically wants to compress it. But I shouldn't need to compress it because the the size of the movie is only around 7 gigs and the dual layer can hold just over 8 gigs! What gives? I do not want to sacrifice quality with compressing it so what should I do? I also tried burning a .dmg of the movie using disk utility hoping to try and see if I could burn it in Pocorn that way. However, when I dragged the .dmg file into Popcorn it stated that it was "not a valid DVD Video image"! I am confused. I think I should be able to burn the film without compressing it. Is there a way to do this? And if I have to burn a .dmg of the disk, how do I make it valid so that popcorn will understand it?

2. zegg404

zegg404 Guest

First make sure you have a dual layer burner with the proper firmware update. after you run it through DVD2oneX use toast_Data_DVD-ROM(UDF)and that should do it. I have not tried a dual layer burn yet but that is how I would try first.