1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M2V file plays too fast

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by JK4lyphe, Dec 16, 2007.

1. JK4lyphe

JK4lyphe Member

I ripped FMVs directly from my PS2 game FFX using a program called FFX2mov. The clips I got from it are m2v files. So when I played it back in Windows Media Player, it plays at a very rapid speed.

I use Windows Vista Home edition. Could someone please tell me why this happens and how I could fix it? Thank you.

2. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Play it with VLC Media Player instead.Much better.

3. JK4lyphe

JK4lyphe Member

I tried that, but it actually ends up playing at triple the speed. o_0 No matter what program I use, it doesn't play properly. Any other suggestions you have? ._.

4. philzone

philzone Regular member

m2v is mpeg2 video. generally, used for dvd purposes. I'll bet it has no sound either. thats because its raw video, with no audio muxed into it.
    try extracting it to a different format. that being said, vlc or powerdvd will play m2v just fine. your m2v is playing at the wrong framerate. if m2v is your only option, make sure it is captured at 29.97fps or 23.976fps (25 for pal)

5. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

I'm having the same problem. The frame rate is 29.97. People have said to try TEPGEnc, but it won't let you covert with m2v. I tried reducing the frame rate. It just makes it jump instead of smooth.