1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antec 900 Fan Problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by w451208, Dec 20, 2007.

1. w451208

w451208 Member

I want to buy an antec 900 case but I have realised that all the fans have molex connectors.I really want the motherboard to control the fans so I searched around and found this product that changes molex to the 3 pin connection. I was wondering if I daisy chained the two molex fan connectors together and connected the 4 pin to 3 pin connector to the motherboard would I get 2 fans at were motherboard controlled?

3pin to 4 pin connector:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=946

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes, BUT!
    Important things to note:
    1. Adjusting the voltage of the 120mm fans will dim the LEDs.
    2. The 900's fans draw a LOT of current due to their high speed. You should not run more than 1 120mm fan (the blue LED ones) off one fan connector on your motherboard, and you should NEVER attach the large 200mm fan to the motherboard, or you will probably burn it out. Additionally due to the high starting voltage of the 200mm fan, it will usually run very slowly indeed if controller by an automatic fan controller.
    Your best bet is to buy a front bay fan controller (such as a Zalman ZM-MFC1) with dials and adjust the fan speeds yourself.