AfterDawn Forums

DVD+R in player only displays root folder menu

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

I have been using dvdfab for years and have hundreds of backups. Now, I have a new computer, new burner, and got the latest dvdfab and everything i burn, when inserted into my dvd player (that plays previously burned discs fine) i get a menu screen showing root folder and video_ts, instead of beginning the movie.

Anyone have this same issue, any suggestions? any info i can provide please help this is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you for your time.
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
you need to enable auto-run for dvds. in "my computer" right clik the drive and go to properties, auto run tab. you got it from there
ah if only it were that simple. I am talking about a dvd player, not my computer. Thanks though.

My ACTUAL dvd player displays a file menu, NOT The dvd menu. when i put in a newly burned dvdr
ahhh... i see. perhaps it still is simple. Your dvd should ONLY have 2 folders on it video_ts and audio_ts. if they are in a folder, then it wont work. also, im not familiar with your software, but during the dvd authoring process, it NEEDS to be assigned a "first play". otherwise it will just sit there and do nothing. hope this helps. Merry Christmas!
just had another thought... if you use nero to burn, it will do a dvd compliance test. use "dvd video" mode, and drag ONLY the video_ts folder over to the left. after you tell it to burn, it will run the test
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.