1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant play the Movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rlatts, Dec 22, 2007.

1. rlatts

rlatts Guest

Looked through the forums, guides and all that...still cant figure it out.

I converted and burned an AVI movie file that I downloaded. I used WinAVI 9 to convert the file and then used it to burn it. everything took about 45 minutes aprox. I can play the DVD in the computer I used to do all that but cannot use my DVD player. the error "check tv set" occurs. I also cannot play the DVD on my laptop (has a DVD drive). I open the file on my laptop and its a cd file, not sure why at least the laptop would show it as a DVD. Anyways, little help would be great.

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you happen to be in North America (NTSC) and you end up with a PAL disk, it might not play in the standalone player.

Drag the file VTS_01_1.VOB from the disk or folder on to GSpot
    And check to see if it's NTSC or PAL

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

[​IMG]

3. rlatts

rlatts Guest

I loaded it into the Gspot and it is a PAL... Can I change it to try that? how can I change it, if possible?

4. rlatts

rlatts Guest

I was able to convert it right in the software, WInAVI 9 looks like it can do it.

Thanks

5. attar

attar Senior member

I'm assuming you are in North America and need NTSC video.
    I don't have that program, but it has to be under options or advanced option.
    Look for video output settings, or video standard or tv type.