AfterDawn Forums

HP DVD drive won't play DVDs

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

Hi,

I just installed a HP DVD 1040i DVD drive and am unable to play DVDs using the Nero Show Time Program that came packaged with the drive or any other player as well. When I press play I'm prompted with "Internal Error. Cannot build graph. The application may be installed incorrectly."

If I go into Nero Essentials SE I can play the DVD but there isn't any sound. I've tried playing audio CDs and other burnt media and it works fine.

I have tried:
Using the Clean Tool and reinstalling the software.
Downloading codecs from DivX and K-Lite.
Playing the DVD in other players (Windows Media and VLC Media Player)
using the start > run > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax" fix that I've seen recommended.

I wasn't sure if this belongs in the Drive or Nero forum so I hit up both as it seems to be a drive problem since DVDs won't play in players other then Nero.

None of these have helped. Is there anything else I can do or is there something I'm doing wrong?
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Oh and Yes I'm breaking rule 3

"3. Post your question only once! Don't cross-post your questions to multiple forums!"

But I am not clear on where it needs to be posted so if a Mod would like to help out and clean up one of the threads, feel free.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.