1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP DVD drive won't play DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by acisler, Dec 28, 2007.

1. acisler

acisler Member

Hi,

I just installed a HP DVD 1040i DVD drive and am unable to play DVDs using the Nero Show Time Program that came packaged with the drive or any other player as well. When I press play I'm prompted with "Internal Error. Cannot build graph. The application may be installed incorrectly."

If I go into Nero Essentials SE I can play the DVD but there isn't any sound. I've tried playing audio CDs and other burnt media and it works fine.

I have tried:
    Using the Clean Tool and reinstalling the software.
    Downloading codecs from DivX and K-Lite.
    Playing the DVD in other players (Windows Media and VLC Media Player)
    using the start > run > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax" fix that I've seen recommended.

I wasn't sure if this belongs in the Drive or Nero forum so I hit up both as it seems to be a drive problem since DVDs won't play in players other then Nero.

None of these have helped. Is there anything else I can do or is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. acisler

acisler Member

Oh and Yes I'm breaking rule 3

"3. Post your question only once! Don't cross-post your questions to multiple forums!"

But I am not clear on where it needs to be posted so if a Mod would like to help out and clean up one of the threads, feel free.