1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asrock 939 dual sata HELP !! lol bad flash

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 5couse, Dec 30, 2007.

1. 5couse

5couse Member

Hi everyone, you guys have been great help in the wii forums so i thought id ask you for help first before i try anything else......

Downloaded the latest bios for my motherboard, updated via windows, everything reported back ok. Reboooted pc an... yep nothing black screen, cpu fan is spinning as well as hard drive but no vga so im guessing the board is gone, ive read of various other manufacturers ways of getting the bios back after a bad flash, so , is there a way i can get the original bios back onto the bios chip ?? i do not have a floppy drive but i can get one if necessary, i do have memory sticks and plenty of cds if it is possible.

HELP lol

Scouse

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Can you reset the CMOS? It looks like a oversized watch batter on the motherboard. Just take it out when your PC is off and put it back in. Not sure if that will help though...

3. 5couse

5couse Member

Thanks for the quick reply, no m8 done all that, tried rebooting to a floppy too with the control,home keys pressed no joy, i have no output at all from the gcard but all fans are spinning including the gcard one. Tried booting from usb memory too no joy there either, so think this board is dead, seen replacement bios chips on line so wondering wether its worth it to purchse one and try.

scouse

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. 5couse

5couse Member

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2

Thank you for the reply, this is the link to the motherboard i have, ive have tried nearly everything i can think of eg, control and home whilst booting, renaming the file to amiboot, lol please help me this pc is sooooo slow lol,,, joking aside i think i have tried all i can but i am a bit of a novice at bios recovery as this is the first board ive had go sour on me, i dont want to think about buying another board just yet as this is a good board for me agp,skt939,4ram slots,sata,pci-e etcetc so im hoping that if this cant be recovered then ill try buying a bios chip from one of the online companies and then ill find a new board, anyhelp you can give me will be greatly received.

Scouse