1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Ordered "The Box-T" what next

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by jay_ae86, Jan 3, 2008.

1. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

ok im totally new to all this i just ordered "the box-t" last night off an internet supplier i live in midlands ireland i have chorus digital in the house already i think i have chrous mmds (heres a pic of my aerial just so im sure)

[​IMG]

right now my next question is what exactly do i do to recieve all the channels when the box arrives? it should be here soon as i emailed the company to see was it in stock 1st and it was, it was a throw up between this and eurovox tx have i made the right decision? what wiring up has to be done aswell? thanks very much for any help im havent a clue about most of this stuff

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

bump!!

anyone able to help me out i wont have a clue when the box comes hope i bought the right one, also can more than one digital box be ran off one chours aerial?

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Im not sure about the Chor*S MMDS system , The B0x-T will work on Chorus MMDS and you can find the Firmware/Software at the bottom of my post in Eamo's Library in "THE B0X T" folder.

You will also need a NULL MODEM CABLE to update it as some b0xes only come with FTA firmware and it will not allow you to access the menu to receive ALL channels

When the b0x arrives you can come back to this thread if you get problems and someone will help you out when they see this

Null Modem Cable

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

4. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

thanks for the reply, hopefully you lads can help me out when the box arrives as im sure ill run into problems

5. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem , lads and ladies :)

6. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Jay 86,
    How did you get on with your box.Just curious why did you pick the box-T as opposed to the TX?

7. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

i dont know really why i went for the box-t it hasnt arrived yet unfortunately the shipping was free so will probably take longer than expected, do you think the tx is a better box??

8. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

little bit of an update, recevied the box today hooked it up followed instructions given to me by supplier and it owrked first time have 106 channels altogether now im not been greedy but im just wondering is there any more available that i have to input manually, i heard sumtin about mutv been available is this true?

9. darst

darst Regular member

is that 106 channels including the radio ones..i have heard of only getting 83 tv channels on c****s mmds. thats all i got.

10. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

I got the same in Castlerea.

11. darst

darst Regular member

the same. 106 or 83 tv channels?

12. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

its 86 channels my mistake im in midlands, i have a new problem tho and would be grateful if somebody could help, the chorus aerial is going to an 8 way splitter in the attic one of the outputs on the splitter is going to my room now but the screen "no signal" appears in my room although the same splitter has an output going to the sittin room and i can get all the channels in the sittin room, how could this be, also i see a small black box at the back of the box in the sittin room like a downconverter or something what is this

13. darst

darst Regular member

think that black box is the power supply. an eight way splitter seems like a lot. did u have multi room with C****S. how many box T have you. my set up is the same only its not an eight way splitter.i have 2 eurovox TX working no problem. maybe check your signal strenght and quality. mine is up around 85% on both. dont know if thats any use.BTW also in midlands

14. jay_ae86

jay_ae86 Member

see i got stung from a lad before he charged me 500euro to get a sagem box in and he installed the splitter and wired up all the attic and everything so when the box t arrived (i only have one)i just plugged out the sagem box and plugged in the box t and it worked perfect, so i then brought it down to my room where it was inteded for but still no joy i cant find out whats stopping it working

15. darst

darst Regular member

so is the whole thing his work ie aerial and all or do u have a C****S subscription and he just put in the splitter end of it?someone on another thread says that u can lose a small bit of power when using splitters, i have not got this problem though. did u ever have anything working off the extra point. plug in the box and connect it and check the signal

16. darst

darst Regular member

have a look at this.http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/9/583271
    down near end of page there is a post about splitters