1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benifa

benifa Regular member

Pinging the dbox will always fail, since the network component on the dbox is not yet started. You can ignore this. Are you using win xp? How far do you get before you run into problems? When you say it fails to connect, what exactly is the error?

2. benifa

benifa Regular member

Flashing using FTP transfer is fine if the network is set up and functioning. Since in this case it is not, there are too many variables that may need looking at. Flashing an image to a newly bought dbox is much easier (and safer) using IFA.

3. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

I get as far as the upload option, then i turn the box on and nothing happ.I look at the bottom of the page and it say failed! The dbox just starts booting up. No flashing image come up on the LCD!

4. benifa

benifa Regular member

That's your problem. After selecting your image and the network card (and whether or not you're using a null), click start. Only now do you plug in the dbox.

5. jerkyman

jerkyman Guest

Please help me!

I am on CableIE NTL MMDS BF and using a normal scan I can get about half the channels no problem. However using a services.xml file from any of my friends, the settings are all different because they are using Cable 6887. Therefore their services.xml files don't work with my cables.xml setting.

Can someone tell me if there is a services.xml file floating around specifically for CableIE NTL MMDS BF??

If anyone has It I would GREATLY appreciate it and will paypal you a pint.

Cheers!
    Halfway there.

6. benifa

benifa Regular member

CableIE NTL MMDS BF is a "cable" from a bodged cables.xml file. For Ireland, you should be using the latest Irish cables.xml. If mgb17 is around he's the man to ask. I think his latest is Irish8.

7. bdale2

bdale2 Member

Hi Guys. Can anywon pls tell me can I record on my Dbox2. I have sportster 1.03 imagage. I have a hdd dvd recorder hooked up to tv and d box (nokia) dbox2. Everytime i record a scart symbol comes up on lcd and nothing else.

Thanks

Mark

8. ffc123

ffc123 Guest

Finally got the box working after a night in work on the forums here and over at techno-source.co.uk. I would like to thank all that have contributed to the forums as without them I would still be scratchin! I hope now I will be able to help others just starting.
    Cheers,
    Nick.

9. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

2 ways to record, play your dbox through your dvd recorder or set it up to record to another device.

If you send the scart from the dbox to the recorder and from the recorder to the telly you should be ok.

Works for me. Some sportster images say that its protected mode, but a flash to another should solve that. Dont try to record through the dbox if this is they way you want to go.

10. cozie00

cozie00 Member

Hey guys, I just got a d box from ebay, shipped from germany. ive been trying to set up but ive no clue. Im not quite sure what to do and i dont know what all this flashing and freq and id stuff means, if anyone could help me in really simple terms (im not the best with computers), Id really appreciate it. My friend has one and am i able to just copy his settings?

11. Dsleeper

Dsleeper Regular member

start at page one and read your way through.... then if your stuck you can get help. We are here, but after the same questions many times, you dont get answers as fast. You have to do a little research to get some results...afterall why did you buy a dbox in the first place? Hope it was a db2, and it cost less than 170!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

13. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

hi all, just wanted to ask this. I got a Cable which i thought would connect to the dbox and my laptop but on 1 end fits into the dbox (db9 f) and the other doesnt fit into the laptop as the laptop has a 15 PIN slot. If i got some kind of adapter would this work???

The lead that i got Serial RS232 9 pin Male to Female.

is this the rite lead if im wanting to flash my dbox????

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Wrong lead, that is the null modem cable you got and it should go into the com port that is usually only seen on desktop pcs. You need the crossover cat5 lan cable for most laptops.

I did wonder if starviews can be updated on a normal laptop. Dunno if a convertor is available but I expect it would go into the ethernet socket. The one that it looks like it would fit in is for hooking a monitor up to your laptop so I very much doubt it would take an adaptor.

Somebody might have a cat5 that they want to swop with you. with a standalone PC using the null cable it is faster to flash.

15. Aidanq

Aidanq Member

Thanks ruprect,

I have a xcross over cable but the process doesnt want to work. I was informed that I needed a null cable to help this process. The network is up and runing with the xcross over but when flashing the image over it never seems to work! It always fails. I have read all dummy guides and other related papers with no luck at all! Im banging my head off every wall here! lol.
    It doesnt help when the box was sent to me without any image installed, so everthing is in german with no option to change the setings to english.

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A cable with male and female connector is normally a standard 1:1 wired serial cable and not a nullmodem cable.
    Upload the new image to /tmp at the box via ftp and use the menue options for flashing.

17. glic83

glic83 Regular member

anyone out there with blade 2 on their dbox2,did ye have to delete nagarom10 and 11 or just have rom7 enabled?

18. Ziggy45

Ziggy45 Member

Hi folks,

i have been reading the forum looking for info on a nokia dbox2 as i am looking to buy one shortly.

However, i am new to this Dbox thing and am looking for some advice.

I have seen a dbox2 on ebay for about 190 euro, i think thats a decent price?
    also it is advertised as having - "The newest Neutrino Linux Sportster Software 1.10 from 28/2/2007 is installed!".

does this mean that it will basicly be a plug and play job - as in connect it up scan for channels and thats it??

any advice would be much apreciated,

Cheers

Ziggy45

19. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you should b able to get them delivered for €150 - €170,where bout are you

20. Shieldzer

Shieldzer Member

Can anyone help? Is it possible to get software so I can unlock all the channels available on the DBox on my PC?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.