1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo trouble

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by NeeKnight, Dec 11, 2003.

1. NeeKnight

NeeKnight Member

I burned Halo PC for a backup disc in case I lost the real one. I downloaded all of the FLT's and extracted them with WinRAR, then used Nero to burn the image. The problem is, after it installs, if I quit, I can't play anymore. When I try to open it, it says "please insert the correct CD". I have to install it again if I want to play. I don't know what went wrong, so please help.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

That's because the copy you downloaded isnt a real copy of the game but rather a copy that has been 'adjusted'. Halo is SD2.7 protected(?).

If you read the NFO that came with the cd image you would know what to do, Fairlight documents their stuff well.

3. NeeKnight

NeeKnight Member

Thanks for that, and yes it is SD 2.7. I opened the NFO w/ wordpad and read everything it had, but it didn't say anything about this problem. All it says is this:

Installation Information:
    =========================

Just extract the archives and burn the .cue file with your favorite CD-Recording software.

On another note, I only can't play it after I download the new patch. If I don't download the patch, then it works fine, but then I can't play online, which makes it pretty much worthless.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2003