1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto-Installer 4.12 Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by natepen, Jan 9, 2008.

1. natepen

natepen Member

Hello,
    I reciently downloaded the newest version of Auto-Installer Deluxe 4.12 and love it but I do have a question that I'm unable to figure out on my own.

I don't have ability to use FTP so I'm using AID. I've heard that people can use it to upload roms and skins but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do that. I see that in the ISO there is a folder for roms but how do I get the roms into the iso? I tried extracting it and creating my own ISO but the xbox isn't recognising it when i do that. Any help?

Thanks in advance
    Nate

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I believe there is a program that should ship with AID that allows you to do exactly what you are trying to do! Have a further look around the net!

3. vappel

vappel Member

I havent seen an AID 4.12 package, what I have is Aid 4.10 with a 4.12 patch kit. In the 4.10 folder you should have a document titled Auto-Installer.Deluxe.v4.10.Manual.pdf. Read this before trying to use AID. Of particular interest to you will be Appendix I: Modifying the AID ISO with Addon Packs beginning on page 45. This explains how to make a rar file for use as a skin pack or romset. The manual also explains how to add these to the ISO using the AID ISO Updater program.

-v

4. natepen

natepen Member

Weird, while reading the manual for 4.10 it says that there should be a folder called "AID4.Romset" that will help me add roms. It's not in add-on folder like it should be. I didn't get the light version. Is this normal?

5. vappel

vappel Member

The AID4.Romset is not a folder, it is an addon for AID. The actual file will be found in the Addon Packs folder. Here's how it works: AID is set up so you can create your own custom install disk with the programs/files you want on it. You can use it in several ways. You could download AID and burn the ISO included to a disk, and it would work but not have all the options available.

To customize your install disk, AID comes with a program called the AID ISO updater. With this program you can select the addons you want included in your install disk. This will modify the AID disk image and you can then burn your custom disk. The folder you were looking for is one such addon, but it contains no ROMs. All the romset addon does is set up folders for you to put ROMS on the xBox. If you want the installer to install roms for you, then you make your own custom romset. That is where the following actions become necessary:

Creating Romsets
    This is probably the easiest Addon pack to make.
    1. Grab all your ROMs and put them in a folder.
    2. Go inside the folder where the ROMs are, and make a .zip file of that folder (unlike the Addon Packs we don’t want any file structure).
    3. Once you have your .zip file, create a new folder called Files, then a folder called Roms inside that. Put the newly created .zip file in there.
    4. Go back a couple of folders so you can see the Files folder you created, right-click and compress with WinRAR.
    5. All Done ☺

This process will give you a rar file that the AID ISO Updater can then add into your AID disk image.

Alternatively, if you can FTP into your x-Box you can simply place the ROM files in their required spots. Some of the emulators will even read the files off a CD/DVD in the xBox drive.

Anyhow, hope this helps!

Areas of interest FROM the AID Manual:
    Using ISO Updater [pg 7]
    The AID 4.10 Addon / Update Packs [pg 8]
    Appendix I: Modifying the AID ISO with Addon Packs [pg 45]
    Creating Romsets [pg 46]
    Appendix J: Using the right ROMs for the right Emulators [pg 47]

6. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Hey man, I have AID 10 on my XBOX now and on disk. How should I go about adding the update?

7. natepen

natepen Member

Go to some torrent sites and find it. From what I understand you have to get version 4.11 and update and then get 4.12 and update again.