1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question about Burning DVDs

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by farahm2, Jan 11, 2008.

1. farahm2

farahm2 Member

How would i be able to burn multiple files on a dvd using dvd-lab? I downloaded the 1st season of a tv show, and there are about 18 episodes. All of the episodes together is like 4.2 gigs, and my cd can hold 4.7 gigs. So i thought i would buurn them on cd and watch it on the tv. Does anyone know how that would happen? Would i have to convert each episode seperately to a dvd format, and then burn it? or would i have to combine all the episodes into one file and then convert then burn? I would prefer having each episode seperate so i can make a menu of episode selection and have the different episodes there.

Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you have a 'DivX compatible' DVD player, then the episodes could be played back from one DVD data disk ok.
    This would be preferable to converting to DVD format, as the quality is as good as it will get.
    You would not have a 'movie' menu, but each episode would be listed on screen and selectable.
    I don't know if DVD Lab can write a data dvd, but freeware like IMGBurn can.

If your DVD player cannot play DivX files then you have to convert the files to DVD movie format - the converted files would be much larger.
    I expect you could probably get four typical TV episodes on a DVD before the quality got too bad.
    Your authoring program would let you load the AVI files and create a menu.

3. farahm2

farahm2 Member

Im pretty sure i have a divx compatible player, but ill double check. But im having another problem because my authoring program, DVD-Lab, wont load the AVI files into it. when i drag them into the area, nothing happens.

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

farahm2,
    DVD-Lab will not import AVI files. They need to be encoded to MPEG-2 format first.

5. farahm2

farahm2 Member

ooh thanks, havent used dvd-lab in over a year so i forgot about that. one more thing, when converting to mpeg2, will it increase the size of the videos? what about when i convert to dvd format, is the dvd format more than the avi format?

6. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Yes. The size is greatly magnified usually from MBs to GBs! Have you found out if what you have is indeed a certified DivX DVD player? If yes, then I would go by attar's first suggestion:

7. farahm2

farahm2 Member

yea i found out, it doesn't support divx. :( but o well, ill make it on more than 1 dvd.

oh something else, i download TMPGEnc. to convert my AVI vids to MPEG2, but when ever i select my file, it says that it cannot import the video, just the audio. whats up with this?

8. farahm2

farahm2 Member

ok nevermind about the audio, video thing. i fixed that.