1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avi with Xvid + MP2 audio playback problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by roguefx, Jan 16, 2008.

1. roguefx

roguefx Member

I have an mp4 player that does a good job of playing back video most of the time but occasionally the sound loses sync.
    It takes video files in avi format encoded with xvid for the video and mp2 for the audio.
    I can play the original files on my computer to test those but can't playback the avi files for the mp4 player to check those.
    With vlc and media player classic I get the video but no sound. On windows media player and real player I get sound "via fdshow" but the video races along at far more than the correct speed and ends long before the sound.
    Divx player plays the video but the sound is very badly distorted.
    Video inspector shows that the correct codec for the video is installed but the codec for the mp2 audio is not installed. Clicking on the download button just gives a web page with errors.
    This happens with all the files encoded for the mp4 player
    Any ideas where to get an mp2 decoder would be appreciated as the only ones I have found don't seem to work with any of the players above.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member