AfterDawn Forums

PS3 controller wont charge

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

Hey guys
My PS3 controller will not charge. If i plug it into the ps3 it works fine but it doesnt charge at all. If i plug it into my comp then the lights flash for about 5 seconds and then shut off. It wont turn on at all unless it is plugged into the ps3. when i click the ps button when it is plugged in, there is a solid line where it usually says how much battery is left.
any ideas would be awesome
thanks
▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
You could try pressing the reset button on the back of it,mine stoped working for no reason i reset it and it works fine now.
thanks
ya i tried that and still wont charge
maybe the battery is faulty or maybe somehow its come out of the connection inside(very doubtful though) but u never know, open it up and check it wont void ur warrenty, take mine apart all the time to spray.

take it back to where u had it from to replace.

Ps3 60gb > 200gb > 320gb > 1.55 > 1.81 > 1.82 > 1.90 > 1.92 > 1.93 > 2.00 > 2.10 >2.20
If at 1st u dont succeed, cheat untill caught and then lie.
Originally posted by ryanjafc:
maybe the battery is faulty or maybe somehow its come out of the connection inside(very doubtful though) but u never know, open it up and check it wont void ur warrenty, take mine apart all the time to spray.

take it back to where u had it from to replace.
It will void the warranty because its been tampered with,you may be lucky and return it without the person in the shop noticing it was open,but if they do you will have a broken PS3 controll pad and have to buy a new one.

If reseting it hasnt worked just take it back to the shop WITHOUT opening it.
there is no seal or sticker, just open the pad and check the wires just to see if they are intact or sumin, i dont mean rip out all of the inside coz if u take that back off the inside is still screwd downand u can see the battery, if you dont know what ur doing dont take the pad apart by all means i dont want the fault, but it shuldnt void because there are no seals and basically nothin to proove u have opened it, taken mine apart about 10 times now to spray and change the led colours.

Ps3 60gb > 200gb > 320gb > 1.55 > 1.81 > 1.82 > 1.90 > 1.92 > 1.93 > 2.00 > 2.10 >2.20
Originally posted by ryanjafc:
there is no seal or sticker, just open the pad and check the wires just to see if they are intact or sumin, i dont mean rip out all of the inside coz if u take that back off the inside is still screwd downand u can see the battery, if you dont know what ur doing dont take the pad apart by all means i dont want the fault, but it shuldnt void because there are no seals and basically nothin to proove u have opened it, taken mine apart about 10 times now to spray and change the led colours.
It can void the warranty,if there is any sign of tampering like the screws,the faulty one has to go back to Sony.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Jan 2008 @ 20:32
just be careful then lol. nah just take it back as it is then m8 for a refund or replacement

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.