1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 1080p for around $1000

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by EMROY, Jan 22, 2008.

1. EMROY

EMROY Member

Ive been shopping for a hdtv for some time. Ive decided that i definitely want 1080p because i will be playing xbox360 and some ps3. i would was looking for 37" and up but i could settle for a 32" if it was cheap.
    Any help would be much appreciated

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Check out Costco/Sam's club for some good buys.

3. EMROY

EMROY Member

i dont have a membership to sams club.

this one looks good sceptre

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Looks good to me too!

5. EMROY

EMROY Member

Are there any other deals out there because im not sure if i can get my money before the 27th and then it will be $200 more.
    thanks for the help

6. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

I've always liked this TV and its at a great buy I'd say.

Sony BRAVIA 46"

Your getting 4 inches more of screen and the contrast ratio on that model I believe is 16000:1 opposed to 6000:1 that the Sceptre has. The Sony also has more inputs then the Sceptre as well, that's something I would take into consideration when purchasing a TV, you don't want to be limited to what you can do with it.

7. EMROY

EMROY Member

im looking for a flat panel and thats a little too pricy but thanks anyway

8. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Well good luck finding a GOOD tv that has a resolution of 1080i/p for under 1000 dollars, best you would be able to find is some off brand or a tv that just outputs at 720p.

9. EMROY

EMROY Member

im kind of a noob at this but will is this one missing a tuner? or something because it seems really cheap

TV

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  10. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea, I definitely wouldn't buy that one. See there are several things you want to look for when buying a tv. I'd look for one that has a very high contrast ratio, anything at 10000:1 and up is good. Multiple inputs(HDMI/Component/Digital/VGA) is also a good thing, you don't want to be limited as to what you can do with the tv, you are spending quite a bit on it right? And definately screen size, do you really need a 42" tv or do you want to go bigger? Also, what you will be doing with the tv is the most important. Like, will it be used mainly to watch movies, will it be used to watch sports, will it be used to play video games? Some tv's are better then others for say watching movies and playing games.

Looks like there is only 1 component input on that tv. The contrast ratio on it isn't very high either. Take a look at this tv, it isn't priced to bad

Insignia 42" 1080p

11. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Heres a LINK that has lots of 32-37" tv's. Not to bad on the price but, for a few hundred more you could get something bigger.

12. joytime36

joytime36 Member

Sharp Aquos LC32D62U 32" 1080p is quite nice, you can read the review of it. And right now the price is quite nice for $895.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  13. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea that's a great tv but, IMO I'd save my money for a couple of months and by then I'd have enough money to by a bigger tv. I mean, 300 dollars more or so isn't that much when you think about it. A tv is a big investment and you don't want to feel like you got burned a year down the road.

14. EMROY

EMROY Member

well im not working at the moment im in collage and i have money saved up. i found a good deal on this Viewsonic but i cannot find any reviews of it, what do you think about it?
    and again thanks

15. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

The contrast ratio on it is low compared to others, looks like it has two composite inputs (RCA), two component inputs, and two HDMI inputs. Looks like your ok on the inputs but, there isn't any digital audio inputs. You could always get a receiver to bypass that problem but then again your on a budget so I guess that's not an issue.

Here's one by SHARP, they make good tv's and its a little cheaper then that veiwsonic.

Here's another by Toshiba
    they make excelent tv's, I myself own a Toshiba and have been very happy with it. The one I linked you to only outputs at 720p though.

Only thing about ordering a tv online is you don't actually get to see it in person and that's one of the main things you want to do before purchasing a tv. Where you located?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  16. EMROY

EMROY Member

I can get the viewsonic for $925 shipped but im worried that i cant find any reviews for it.
    i live in pittsburg Kansas

17. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

You googled anything on it?

Heres what I've found, http://www.retrevo.com/s/Viewsonic+N4280P?rt=fb

Didn't read through them much but, looks like there are some user reviews. Just google the model number of the tv and the name of it and that should give you some results.

Model: Viewsonic N4280P

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  18. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Goodswipe is right. You really should go for one of the leading brands in LCD's ie: Sharp, Sony or Samsung. If you have ever seen a side by side comparison in a store you will see a BIG difference. The cheaper brands can look washed out (low contrast), pixelated, have motion blur etc.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  19. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Yea man, if I were you, I'd just bite the bullet and try to save a few extra bucks and go with a good, name brand tv. Hopefully by now you see what I'm talking about on trying to find a good tv for around 1000 bucks. Good luck my friend!

20. EMROY

EMROY Member

this is what i got sharp 37"
    I know what you mean find one for $1000 but my debt card limit was $1000 so that limited me alot i found quite a few for $999+$100 shipping but this one looks like it will be a good deal if i dont get screwed on the open box deal. Newegg has been very good to me so far and ive had 10+ orders from them.
    thanks for all the help

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008