1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIZYLIZ

BIZYLIZ Member

Thanks Fergus he just seems a bit seasonal with his replies. Think i will just head straight to Paypal have all his reponses and emails etc so hopefully can stop him conning other people....i don't care even if i don't get money back but just to teach him not to be conning people!

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I myself have a claim in with paypal with another guy that sold me clones as well but i will not give up until i get something that guy you are going to be claiming against his funds will be frozen by paypal until you are happy with the out come also dont tell paypal that you changed the firmware just say it does not work and you want a refund or a repair

3. t5max

t5max Member

Thanks for the info fergusrb -
    looks like I may have a clone, I wonder If I could go through paypal for a refund also - should I mention the e-bay seller i got it from to let others know ??

4. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ya try paypal you will have to fight for it look at the above threads and please do not put his name on forum could lead to defamation claims been brought against the forum owners

5. DesB

DesB Regular member

Bizyliz!!
    Hi Fergus, just a quick one in relation to refunds.... as you know i am in dispute with the supplier of my boxes via paypal and these guys have it sown up they have obviosly done there homework as they have a LEGAL answer to anything you throw at them, short of getting a solictor or the BBC programme "watchdog" or even uncle Joe Duffy involved i think we are wasting our time and efforts, however if anyone wants to p/m me, we might win this as a group cheers Des.

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

It does not matter what answer that the give you the goods are supposed to be fit for the purpose they are sold an come with a 12 months warranty never tell them you flash it if it goes bang just say you turned it on and there was no power on it

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  7. tb22

tb22 Guest

8. tb22

tb22 Guest

hi i just got a starview box,but i need to get it updated could u help me with this please.i live in coolock north dublin,i need a code so can get it going again

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Click on the link on the end of my name for the codes or go to page 1 of these threads

10. car19

car19 Regular member

If you tune a AM radio to a quite part of the tuning range and then you press the remote and that means any remote so you can test the set up you will hear "clicking noises" from the radio Old TV repair trick to check remotes

11. mikedub

mikedub Regular member

Ferg, would you be able to pm me the details on getting the box to work on ch***s, what firmware and frequencies you used and stuff and how many channels you have, thanks mate

12. daly6802

daly6802 Member

Folks from Ireland PLEASE HELP!!

Have you noticed that the voice is out of sinc and leading the visual?Isaw from previous posts that people said this is a service provider issue.This is not true as I have checked.I have a providers box in 1 room.

Anyone any ideas on how to get the audio and visual in sinc.
    Fergus you are the Irish resident expert are you seeing this issue?

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

No i dont have that problem at the moment you could try a fix someone else put up if you like

If that does not work a factory reset will for defo but you will have to scan all the channels again

To get back sound on e4 sky1 ect just select the channel in question press menu,
    select installation, select manual scan, click ok on down frequency.
    It'll now scan for channels when its finished exit back to normal
    tv viewing screen go to the end of your channel listing and the desired channel will be there with sound.
    This can be done on any channel with no sound by just selecting that channel following the instructions above.
    Hope this helps

14. mikedub

mikedub Regular member

Thanks ferg your a gentleman!

15. ohallo

ohallo Guest

hi guys,

im new to this so please forgive me.
    heres my problem; i bought a digivox 2007 and recieved
    a cd&cable with it,but the cable doesnt fit to my laptop,
    do you know what cable i need?and what do i do from there?
    im on n*l in ireland by the way.any info would be appreciated thanks

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Laptops do not have com port you will need a usb to com adaptor and about the other box i do not know anything about them unless someone else does but you could try to put digibox into the search bar and see what come up for you

17. mikedub

mikedub Regular member

Ferg did you try the frequencies for chorus i pm'd you last week with to see if you can get more channels in kildare

sorry mate there the same as the ones you sent me, its just the guy i got them off says he got about 138 channels,

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mikey are they not the ones you sent me i cant remember i am on this so long day after day i just cant remember i am dreaming of answering question's in my sleep can you send them to me again thanks

Mikey found them thanks will try them

19. DRUIDIUS

DRUIDIUS Regular member

I am surprised that you guys even got a reply i think my clone seller vanished into the birmingham triangle fleecebay seems to get worse by the day and if you leave bad feedback they just do it back to you even though its not your fault they sell crap the class action idea could be good though.

20. mikedub

mikedub Regular member

sorry Ferg just trying to confuse ya lol they are the same ones doh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.