1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by redZoneOS, Jan 29, 2008.

1. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

anyone heard anything about this motherboard? I'm trying to find reviews, and comparison charts, but I am having no luck. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

3. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

thanks, yea I read the newegg reviews, but I don't really put too much faith in them. Some people have bad experiences and completely insult an overall great product... While others have good experiences and unnecessarily praise a product for what it really isn't.

Anyway, I was hoping for something a bit more official (such as from anandtech or something...) Thanks though!

btw, if I can go off topic in here...

If I have an nforce SLI motherboard, can I still use 2 ATI cards? what about the other way around... If I have a crossfire chipset like the X38, can I use 2 Nvidia video cards?

I'm just confused about the whole SLI/crossfire thing...

4. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

No, if you have a Nforce motherboard, you cannot use 2 ait cards; well you could but you couldnt use CF and therefore the second one would go to waste.

If you have a Intel chipset, like the X38, your options are limited to just using CF.