1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 / Moonshell Movie Picture size

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by wombat76, Jan 29, 2008.

1. wombat76

wombat76 Member

Please, please help.. Thanks in advance.

Whenever I convert a movie to .dpg format the picture is only about 60% of the actual screen size. I have used the converter that came with the R4 software and yesterday used DVDFAB Plat to convert DVD to .dpg and still the picture was small!

I know it must be me or the convert(s) I am using because I downloaded several films/clips from usernet and they were all pukka pictures and took up the whole screen.

Is it software/settings?

Any help guys and sorry about being inexperienced.

2. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

I use BatchDPG and it seems to work flawlessly.

Set your height to 192 and width to 256 if you want full screen. I have seen several movies on letterbox/wide, but I can't remember the settings for that off the top of my head.

I would recommend BatchDPG.

3. wombat76

wombat76 Member

thks for your help & giving me your time.

4. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

You're welcome. Post again if you still can't get the product you want or you run into more trouble.

5. wombat76

wombat76 Member

all sorted on the picture front.. many thanks again..

just one more pointer would be good though. How can I increase the sound output, as currently the sound isn't loud enough on the trains even with headphones!

Do I change one of the settings on the BatchDPG?

6. snorlax22

snorlax22 Regular member

That I don't know about. I don't think the sampling rate or anything you would change would affect the output volume (somebody correct me there if I'm wrong because I don't have it in front of me). In other words, I'm not sure you can fix it form the software end.

The thing I was looking at on this very problem was a head phone amplifier. You can buy them off the shelf, but it looks like a cool DIY project and I really think it would fix the problem.

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Failing anything else, maybe more efficient headphones? The kind of headphones that cover the ear?