1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video converting error

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by ps2person, Feb 2, 2008.

1. ps2person

ps2person Guest

I have a
    Hp Computer running Windows XP with 2 gigs or RAM version 2002 running service pack 2
    with
    Hauppauge Win Tv PVR pci II (23xxx) (tuner 1)
    Device type: Sound, Video and game controllers
    And
    Hauppauge Win Tv PVR pci II (23xxx) (tuner 1)
    Device type: Sound, Video and game controllers
    And a
    Plextor Convert X (PX-M402u)

My Problem:

I have been trying to convert a tape into a video file and when I open up the program to convert and click on the device(Plextor converter hardware) a windows error message pops up , the one that says report or do not report to hp. This is my new computer, and it worked on my old computer and my gf’s laptop. I have tried using composite and s-video( on converter by plextor), but nothing works. I have even tried plugging it(my camcorder(where my tape is in)) directly into the Haupauge port on my computer, but that does not work. My software is Intervideo win dvd creator, I have tried other but no success.
    I do not know what to do , what should I do in order to get my converter to work, do I need to get hardware to get this work? I plug my camcorder into converter and I use the usb directly into my computer, and like I said above I used the Hauppauge composite inputs and skipped the converter hardware(plextor)after that did not work.
    I doubt it is software because I had software work on my other two computers and the converter worked great on the other two computers, but it must be something in my computer.

Thanks a lot guys!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Does the Hauppauge work ok for capturing TV?
    And is it programmed for the S-video.

3. ps2person

ps2person Guest

if you answer my question i will tell you, this is my post after all

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

HA!HA! Funiest thing I heard in a while!LOL!
    Of course it is your post, in a public forum though:~)!
    Good luck finding help, with that attitude! Gotta give it to you, you're a funny one!

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Maybe if you answer the question asked you it will better help us answer your question, but as you said this is your thread and if we do it your way we'll see how far you get.

6. ps2person

ps2person Guest

well... this is a forum that everyone uses, i know that, but this is my post. use the main forum for your own questions that pertain to your questions, not mine.

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Good luck.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ps2person, attar's question to you is to help you as we need more info so we ask questions that you can hopefully answer. by answering our questions will hopefully resolve your problem. hell in the world did you become a junior member as it sure wasn't helping others?!!

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Subscribed to see how far this thread goes as the Original Poster wants everyone to play a guessing game.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

He was asking you that question to try and help you out, not ask his own question.... Jeez, with an attitude like that you're not going to get very far with this post other than ridicule by the staff, which looks like has already happened.