AfterDawn Forums

uTorrent - downloaded movie - can only hear the audio, no video except for black screen

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

i have utorrent downloaded on my computer. i tried to download a movie and when its complete i can only hear the audio and i cant see any video except for a black screen. its not the torrent because i read the review and they say 10/10 for audio and video. is there a setting im supposed to change?

Money Maker!
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
most likely you're missing a codec for the player.

what OS and player are you using?

ps2: v7 scph-39001 - independence exploit - hdloader 0.8c - maxtor 300gb hdd
(+[__]%) psp slim ta-085v1: 6.60 PRO B10
wii (powered by bootmii/priiloader): 4.1u - d2x v10beta53-alt (base 56) - configurable usb loader v70r51/devolution r188 - wd scorpio black 7200rpm 320gig w/ ams venus ds2 enclosure

got a whole lot more to list . . .
im running windows 2000 and im using realplayer,windows media player and im having the same problem with both playes

Money Maker!
my suggestion is to go to the divx website, and download the free divx 6.8 bundle. install it, and see if WMP will show the video. if not, then use the divx player.

ps2: v7 scph-39001 - independence exploit - hdloader 0.8c - maxtor 300gb hdd
(+[__]%) psp slim ta-085v1: 6.60 PRO B10
wii (powered by bootmii/priiloader): 4.1u - d2x v10beta53-alt (base 56) - configurable usb loader v70r51/devolution r188 - wd scorpio black 7200rpm 320gig w/ ams venus ds2 enclosure

got a whole lot more to list . . .
If you just want to install one codec, opening the video in G Spot will tell you which codec you need.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.