1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nokia 6131 virus

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by shawty, Feb 12, 2008.

1. shawty

shawty Member

i think it's a virus, because everytime I try to open the games folder the screen and keyboard just turn black and then it just turns on again, but back in the main screen, so i can't play any games.
    I also tried creating a new folder with a different name which I transferred via bluetooth from my pc but got the same problem, except this time it happened only until I tried to open the games instead of the folder
    maybe my phone doesn't have java and so it doen's support .jar extensions (games)
    I can't tell if they worked sometime as i just bought this phone secon hand.

2. xsketchx

xsketchx Member

I doubt it highly, but download a Symbian Virus Scanner

There are a few about, and all of which cost, however, with the power of Google, who knows what you may find - It COULD even be free :)

3. shawty

shawty Member

i found out it has to do with an issue on the firmware my phone has, and you can easily update it through a text message, just follow the instruction on the nokia home page, but the problem is that my phone now can't even turn on, it just turns on with the nads and nokia symbol, then it turns black and then back white again 3 times, then turns off completely
    I sent it to a phone hospital but the problem's they're not proffesionals so they're charging me $100 with the huge risk of the phone not getting fied and get messed up worse than it was
    if i could get my hands on a usb cable, could i fix it? (if I turn the phone on without the sim card it just stays on an invalid sim screen forever which could give me time to upload the new software)