1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

melting enable/disable switch...light flashing green/red

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by suprjesus, Dec 24, 2003.

1. suprjesus

suprjesus Member

I got my chip and installed it all properly (i think) and then put back together my xbox. I turned it on, it stayed on for a second, then turned off, then on, then off, then on but this time it stayed on and the light around the eject button started flashing red and green. i went upstarirs to get a drink thinking maybey if i left it it would work (maybey it takes a while for the first time) i came back down to my xbox and the light was still blinking(nothing on the tv screen) so i turned it off and tried to put the switch to disable but when i touched the switch i got a small shock and noticed that it had melted in the time i went upstairs to get a drink. I dont know why it melted i dont think anything I did wrong could have made the switch melt.???
    [​IMG]
    (srry for shitty pictures my camera phone isnt good at close ups)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2003
  2. suprjesus

suprjesus Member

anyone????????

3. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

I'm sorry I really don't know that could have gone wrong with the melting switch but what you told in the beginning about the on/off/on/off/on is usually a bad bios flash... in this case you shoul try flashing the chip with an other bios and maybe do it with a programmer

4. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Have you tried contacting the vendor or the manufacturer of the chip?