1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo 2 AI Revision mappack idea. Will it work ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by JabJab42, Feb 18, 2008.

1. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Hello,

My idea is to have two halo 2 games on my HDD one which is normal and the other AI modded. What I have done so far is I have created that new halo 2, taken the maps I need to patch and put them in the 'original maps' folder in the Auto patcher thing and deleted what was left (maps wise). But my problem is when I start to patch the little window pops up and asks me for the default.xbe file so I find it and input it and then under that it asks me where to save it so I input that as well and then I can't do anything, it just sits there. There is no OK button, absolutely nothing. So could someone please explain what is wrong or what am I doing wrong and would my idea work ?

Thank you
    Max Kreeger.

P.S. I do have Yelo 1.5 trainer setup

EDIT

ALL MY EXTRA MAPS ARE GONE !!!! If I add them to the mainmenu the manual way would it work ? Its weird because I can still find them on the HDD

EDIT

Ok I fixed the problem, in my E\APPS\TDATA\4d530064 folder I had to rename the $U folder to something else in order for the Yelo trainer to work, but when I do that I don't have all the extra maps e.g. relic sanctuary etc. I'm really confused at the moment. Once the maps are patched with AI how will I be able to play the extra maps that I can't see, because some maps are modded with AI e.g. Gemeni(which is a extra map). So any help would be greatly appreciated. Crying or Very sad

Thank you again
    Max Kreeger.

EDIT

Another thing after the maps have been patched do I put the extra maps e.g. Warlock back to the folder where I got it from or....

This is soooo confusing, lol.

2. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

What's really confusing is what you're saying/asking. Yes, it's possible to have two or more different versions of Halo 2 on your HDD. That is, if you have a large enough HDD.

Basically, just create 2 folders in your /E/games/ Directory. One folder: Halo 2, the second folder: Halo 2 - AI - Or whatever you want :-/

Now just copy Halo 2 like you normally would so you have /E/games/Halo 2/maps and so on...Then take the entire AI modded map files, and put them into the OTHER Halo 2 folder. So, you should have the following layout:

Code:
    /E/games/Halo 2/
    |->maps->Files
    |-->fonts->Files
    |->bink->NO files
    |->media->Files
    And the second folder:

Code:
    /E/games/Halo 2 - AI Remapped/
    |->maps->Patched/Modded Map Files
    |-->fonts->Files
    |->bink->NO files
    |->media->Files
    Hope that's not too confusing for you so far. Now, you'll run into this problem where your dash will just have two options to start Halo 2...and you have to guess which one is the right one every time...that sucks. But, there's a simple fix to that.

Just follow my tutorial below and you can "rename" the Halo 2 - AI to anything you want. This way, you can have 2 separate options in your game-launch menu. Here's the tutorial:

Tut: Renaming an XBE Title - Also found in my signature below.

3. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Awesome that helps a lot, just one more problem the AI patcher doesn't work when I input the default.xbe file and the output path it just sits there and I can't do anything. I would patch the files manually using serenity but I don't know what patches goes with what map. :s

Thank you again
    Max Kreeger

4. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

5. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

That can't be the problem. I already have .NetFramework 2.0. Hmmmm Maybe its just a bug in the program, because I hear its happened to other people as well. Thanks anyway.

Max K.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

kslice917 - text only signatures can have a max of 5 lines; plus you're advertising your own site there, big no no - let's see the sig cleaned up...

7. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

@JabJab42 - I don't think it's a bug in the software :-/

I never had any problems using it...are you sure you have the file system layout? Sorry, I don't really know what that is :-/

Like I said, it worked for me without any problems :-/

@creaky - Is that a newer rule or something? I remember that when I first set that sig (quite a long time ago), none of the mods had any problems with it and there was nothing in the rules against it. Either way, thanks for letting me know and not just banning me without telling me...it's been fixed :-/

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

must be that i've never seen any of your posts before; thanks for sorting it anyways