AfterDawn Forums

MY COMPUTER WONT RECOGNIZE MY PSP ON THE USB SETTING PLEASE HELP!!!

This discussion thread has 22 messages.

HI MY PSP CANT BE RECOGNIZE ON MY COMPUTER AS I NEED THE COMPUTER TO ADD MY GAMES AND SHIT. WHEN I GO IN TO THE SETTING THE PSP AND ON USB IT COME UP AS ''PLEASE WAIT...'' AND IT DONT CHANGE. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM. OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY I CAN SEND GAMES TO THE MEMORY CARD OF THE PSP.

PLEASE HELP
▼▼ This topic has 21 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
if your running windows
try going to the control panel on your pc and go to add hardware connect the psp to the pc and then click "yes I have already connected the hardware" then it should bring up a list of devices plugged into your pc in that list should be your psp. if it has a ! sign on it you will need to reinstall the drivers for your psp. if the psp is not shown on there then there is a problem with ether the fw, the usb cable or the usb hub on the psp.
if it does not show up then try updating or downgrading your psp and see if that works or try a new usb cable.
if all fails then it might be something to do with the usb hub on the psp but i dont think it is because it wouldnt have come up with being connected.

if your running it on a apple mac or a Linux pc then I cant help u soz

p.s dont do all your message in caps because some people get a bit eggy about it, I dont really care do some people do (just a word of warning :-)

DERP DERP
are you using a fat or a slim? if it is a slim, try turning off the charge usb feature until you have sucessfully connected once. if that's not it, then you should be able to use a card reader the same way that you use the psp.

I still play my wii, just not as much. Gave my PSP to my son.
hi and thanks for your replies:

- i have a fat psp
- i dont have a memory card reader on my computer.

i went into control panel and that didn't solve any problems. when i put the usb into the computer if comes up as ''this device has malfunctioned bla bla bla'' but my usb mouse/ keyboard works fine. please help.

thanks
try different USB port,that should work for sure.r u using vista or xp by the way.
Quote:
when i put the usb into the computer if comes up as ''this device has malfunctioned bla bla bla''
does this message come up on the computer or psp.

if it comes up on the psp then the usb hub is broken
if it comes up on the pc then try connecting it to another pc

if all fails you can buy a mem stick adapter which you plug into the usb port like this

DERP DERP
hi, all

- i have windows xp normal
- i have tried different usb hubs (i have about 6 on me com)
- and the error message comes up on the pc

i am running 3,71 mm3 cfw and i have even tried going accessing the com through the recovery mode.
Reboot your computer!!!

My PSP Life 1.00>1.50>2.70>2.71>1.50>3.52-M33>3.71M33-4>BRICKED>1.5>3.71M33-4>BRICKED>1.50>3.71M33-4>3.80M33-4>BRICKED>1.5>3.71M33-4 >3.80M33-5>3.90M33-2
http://darksiderg.com/
If you live in London ON,Canada and need to Pandora,PM me
INVENTORY:T-79 phat untouched/T-81 phat duel nub,trigger lights/T-85 black slim sound reactive trigger lights,umd swap external speaker,clear faceplate/2 T-85 Darth Vaders-haven't decided what to do next
it's probably not a bad idea to reboot your psp too.

I still play my wii, just not as much. Gave my PSP to my son.
Hi,
i have norton go back on my computer and when i was able to connect the psp with computer i have restored back to that date ''yesterday''but that has still not resolved the problem!!!

i am not to sure about rebooting my psp but if i was i aint to sure i can do coz i cant connect to computer
to reboot your psp all you have to do is hold the power buttom up until it flashes and then turn it back on. you could try installing the psp drivers they might have been deleted off your pc

DERP DERP
i had a similar malfunctioning issue with my mp3/usb player which i fixed by doing this:-

1. put your psp into usb mode.
2. go to control panel, then device manager, scroll to "disk drive" and then right click on the psp usb device.
3. click uninstall, then ok at the prompt.
4. disconnect your psp's usb connection.
5. and finally plug it back in again, and that should start the installing of the required drivers again.

disclaimer - i take no responsibilty if this adds more to your problems instead of fixing them.
hi,
rebooted me psp but still no luck.

please help
Originally posted by pwr0n:
i had a similar malfunctioning issue with my mp3/usb player which i fixed by doing this:-

1. put your psp into usb mode.
2. go to control panel, then device manager, scroll to "disk drive" and then right click on the psp usb device.
3. click uninstall, then ok at the prompt.
4. disconnect your psp's usb connection.
5. and finally plug it back in again, and that should start the installing of the required drivers again.

disclaimer - i take no responsibilty if this adds more to your problems instead of fixing them.

hi,
just done this but still same problem but thats for trying to help!!!
this is most peculiar indeed.

try hooking your psp up to another pc and see if the problem still persists, if it does - call sony and they will replace it even if it's out of warrenty.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=8188783
try this program see if it recognises your psp. i dont think it will but its worth a try. i suggest though try connecting the psp to another computer and see whether it comes up with the same message. also have you try connecting the flash0,1 drives to the computer to see if they work. if they do then it might be your memory stick because the psp is like a big card reader and if the card is corrupt the it cant connect to the pc. so try formatting the card on the psp and checking if it is fake or not (do this by pressing triangle on the mem card and the info and then look to see if it says magic gate supported

this should fix it thinking about it

DERP DERP
juniR Suspended due non-functional email address
I have installed USBhost drivers on one of my machines. This enables me to run games and software that's stored on my PC using the USB cable. eg. I can run a lot more stuff than I can store on the PSP just by hooking up to that computer. However, it does not recognise my PSP in normal USB mode. The PSP is recognised by other computers as usual and I've no real need to worry about it myself.

I'm just saying this because maybe it explains your issue. It may not necessarilly be the same issue but I think it's a driver problem. Just uninstalling the device using the device manager won't necessarily fix it because it will automatically find the same drivers for the device if they are still there on your PC.

Try another computer - if it connects up then I'd say it's a driver problem on your PC.
i download that program but i cant work it with all that jap language

please help
have you tried formatting the memory card or trying another memory card

DERP DERP
blaze5007 Suspended due non-functional email address
Originally posted by indiek:
HI MY PSP CANT BE RECOGNIZE ON MY COMPUTER AS I NEED THE COMPUTER TO ADD MY GAMES AND SHIT. WHEN I GO IN TO THE SETTING THE PSP AND ON USB IT COME UP AS ''PLEASE WAIT...'' AND IT DONT CHANGE. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM. OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY I CAN SEND GAMES TO THE MEMORY CARD OF THE PSP.

PLEASE HELP
i am having the same problem so if you find a way to fix yours plz help me. i have tryed everythimg except downgrading so plz give me feed back
Go to Settings > System Settings > set "USB Charge" to off.

OHAI
tripplite Suspended due non-functional email address
Quote:
''this device has malfunctioned bla bla bla''

always unplug your psp through the safety remove hardware option,

even though you technically dont have to....
------------------
now this is an unfortunate issue with windows and does not have a definite fix, if your psp works on another computer then windows is at fault:(

5 things you need to try

1} uninstall your drivers correctly
-----------
1) boot into safe mode, this is a must as the device manager is meant to be operated there,

2) right click on my computer and go properties, hit the hardware tab and go to the device manager

3) uninstall all usb drivers> FIRST universal controllers, enhanced controllers and any other devices first then the usb root hubs(any order)....... upon reboot and login of windows your drivers will be reinstalled,
=============
drivers aren't reinstalled at reboot login?
go start> control panel> printers and other hardware then go to add new hardware and follow the wizard
or
go start> control panel>add new hardware
-----------------
2}
download and install this patch if it works it works:)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a3zwvzmzcos
(reboot after install)
----------
3}
the ultimate hotfix for use issues is simply a discharge of all power from your computers motherboard, this fixs many usb issues and its had a very high success rate:)

simply turn of your computer, unplug all usb devices from it (PSP), and now take the power cord (outlet source) out of the computer (pull it right out of the PSU), when the power cord is connected to your computer a small flow of electricity is flowing through it, by unplugging it no power is going through and this allows for all electricity to discharge reseting the usb posts (pulse jack style )
allow your computer to sit like that for at least 30 minutes,
then replug and start up, once logged in plug in the psp cross your fingers and hope for the best:)

-----------------
4)

for whatever reason i am not completely sure:( but Mcafee has given me
usb issues on my oem laptop, after i ran the clean tool and got rid of mcafee my usb devices started working again, i dont have anything to back this up with but heck its worth a try if you have mcafee on your computer;)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Unins...oval-Tool.shtml
-----------

5)
although its not the soundest of ideas i have heard of people correcting issues after reinstalling SP2 from their computer, heck for my psp i'd give anything a shot:)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

read through everything i gave you epically number 3 i highly suggest that one:)

best of luck mates
-tripplite

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.