1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

About 2 weeks ago Debic and they already have new cards in the new DVRs but it is only speculation on an overall card change.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Red05,

Try the factory reset and reflash with 751.

If that dosen't work.

Reflash with 738A or 742A (any older file with the bootloader software included). You will find them in the link below.

Make sure the drive's not attached. That should kick it back into life. Then upgrade to 751.

3. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Red05,

Download the 744 from the link below.
    It's a 744 file for the reply lite with hard drive.
    It's an updated version of the 744 file that we used on the replay lite.

But do not put this file on a standard replay lite, this is only for the replay with the hard drive.

http://www.speedyshare.com/513719619.html

You might need it to flash the box before putting the 751 on the box.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  4. reds05

reds05 Member

hi thanks for that, ive downloaded and flashed with 7.44 and 7.51 but box still stuck on 0, no life from box or pvr side of the box.anything else you can suggest? not sure whats left to do..thanks maybe i need to send it away to be looked at..anyone recommend anybody ? not looking great at the moment. thanks

5. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Red05

Just a thought, is the remote control working properly?
    To check it out, switch your mobile to Camera Mode, point your remote control at the phone and press any button on your remote, You should see the infra red light flashing through the view finder, if you do then the remote is ok.

If your remote is ok,do a factory reset then try forcing the flash again, using 738A then 742A then 744 if it's working after this, do a scan then flash with 751.

Only other thing I would try myself is to clone it off a replay lite, then flash it with 751.

As always make sure the hard drive is disconnected when flashing or cloning.

I have been checking other forums and if I find any more info I will come back to you.

6. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian, didnt realise i had to remove hard drive..not sure how to do that, but perhaps thats reason why its not workin, also cant find all files 738A then 742A then 744 not all available on eko only the last two..how should i go about removing hard drive?is it easy

7. reds05

reds05 Member

having force flashed with hard drive connected, would that have messed the box up?didnt know i had to disconnect hard drive let alone know how to do it..any help still on this subject much appreciated thanks.

8. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red05

Download the file from the link below, It's a word document that shows you how to fit a Segate Hard Drive in the replay PVR.
    That is the hard drive that is recommended for them.

So from that you will see how to disconnect a hard drive.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/581964596.html

All the other files are in eamo's library, But I thought you already had them from getting your dead replay lite working.

They are all there in the replay/firmware folder, except the 744 for the replay box which can be got at the link below.

http://www.speedyshare.com/513719619.html

The best of luck Red05

9. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian,
    if i clone my replay lite box to the replay box, will i then have to download software for replay lite or replay box to get box to initialise, to get it going after i disconnect hard drive

10. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian, after disconnecting hard drive, and cloning my replay box with my replay lite, ive found ive got tv now..wow how cool, but when i connect hard drive now, the channels dissapear and box is non responsive again..any ideas how i can get both tv and hard drive to work at same time? ive got the seagate 160 gb drive, but can get both to work together..any ideas?

11. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red05,

Disconnect the hard drive and flash with the 744 from the link in my previous post and then with 751.
    It should be OK after that hopefully.

The 751 is in eamos in the replay/firmware file,
    it's called replay box with hard drive.

The best of luck red05

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  12. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian
    already uploaded the replay box 751 but still cant get hard drive working in conjunction with my cloned channels from replay lite, grateful i got channels at least now, but why cant i get hard drive to work with them? any more ideas? were getting there slowly..lol

13. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red05,

Only thing left to do is to try the flash again, using 738A then 742A then 744 then with 751. for the replay box with hard drive.
    I know it's a bit of a pain but it might be worth it.
    As usual disconnect the hard drive before flashing.

I will do the rounds again and see if I can find anything else.

Good luck mate, you have great patience m8

14. reds05

reds05 Member

where can i get the 738a file? not on eko file share..cant find that one.

15. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Red05,

Another useful download is this more detailed Replay Box Manual.

http://www.speedyshare.com/443681558.html

You might want to try this.
    Main Menu  Channel Manager  HDD Manager
    PVR setting  Enable

I'm not sure if you do this after fitting a new hard drive, you could always put back the original hard drive to see if that works.

This box is new to me,so like yourself, we are still learning.
    I will keep looking on other forums.

17. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian thanks for the manual, also thanks for the rest of the info,the play lite part of the replay box - the tv unscrambled is still working ok without connecting the hard drive, but again once i connect hard drive it seems to overpower the tv side,so no pic and no response from remote..not even a blue screen, maybe the hard drive itself has something wrong? would that have files on it that could have been wiped that interface with the replay lite side of the box? when i force flashed while hard drive connected originally? cant think of reason why both wont work together. any more help to get box working right appreciated, have now downloaded all files with hard drive disconected too. look forward to hearing from you. thanks again, if nothing else ive got tv. cheers

18. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Red05

Try flashing it again with the file in the link below, with the hard drive disconnected.

http://www.speedyshare.com/191202677.html

When you plug back in and get a response from the box, unplug again and reconnect the hard drive.

Plug in again and if you are getting a response from the box.
    Press record on your remote control, apparently the hard drive is not recognised by the box until it's been initialsed by recording.

Hope this helps m8, you have great patience.

I will see what else I can find out and I will get back to you.

19. reds05

reds05 Member

hi brian, still no luck,all ok until i reconnect hard drive, then nothing..no reponse..here hard drive turning over but no pic, no response with remote.cant turn box on to standby with remote , only on /off power button at back works, then unplug hard drive and tv all ok..any more suggestions? thanks

20. CBX2000

CBX2000 Member

I remember someone during the week asking about a universal remote control that will work on the Replay Lite...well I found one and it was bought in Ireland too. It's the 'Support Plus URC-L-1870'. The only problem is that it was bought in Lidl. I have one here at home but got it somewhere else a while back. I've just done an auto scan on it while holding it at the Replay Lite. After about 15 mins it found the right code to work with the RL and it switched off...Success! It's fairly long with a load of buttons on it with an LCD screen at the top. After trying to look up some info on it which wasn't easy cause there's barely any info available, I found that Lidl don't sell URCs regularly but there is a way of checking their product list for the year but I'm not sure how. That was you can see if they'll sell something like this in future. Hope this helps someone...

Here's a link to the manual for it...

http://big.aff.com.pl/urc/URC-L-1870-EN.pdf

EDIT :

After doing more research I found somewhere that sells it for €6.90!!!

Only catch is you need to know French!!! Here's the link...

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/...iverselle-8-en-1-Accessoires-Audio-Video.html

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.