1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with putting css or macrovision on my DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by easyasabc, Mar 30, 2008.

1. easyasabc

easyasabc Member

Could someone tell me if I could put CSS or Macrovision on a copy of my DVD? Are the any softwares out there that let you do that? THanks...

2. david66

david66 Regular member

The answer to your question is no

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Maybe?

Get some good ole crappy blank dvds-staple's brand,crappy dvd-rw drive-HP,burn them as fast as possible,slap some sticker labels on them,and scuff up the bottom a wee bit. They may play?,but would be a heck of a lot harder for someone to re-rip them because they'll be plum full of crc errors.

Another way is watermarking.

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

You could always call up Macrovision and ask about a license for CSS and Ripguard.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I agree with saugmon. If you actually want your disc to be "copy" proof,go with his advice.

Just out of curiosity, why even bother with encryption? Maybe you don't know yet,but there is none that AnyDVD and DVDFab cannot handle yet, they're on top of it.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

The only people who would even ask this question are in the business of pirating dvd's for money.. they don't want other people copying the disks they make from downloaded sources.

7. easyasabc

easyasabc Member

You know, I asked a simple questions, a simple answer would be good but instead I got all kind of crappy replies... :(

8. easyasabc

easyasabc Member

Especially coming from the Senior Members.

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I was serious,except for the scuffing them up part, LOL!.

Put a lot of crc errors on them and they will be harder to re-rip. I know this from experience.Fast burning,Paper sticker labels,and a pc of crap burner-like HP.

My older bro passes out backups and majority are unrippable because of all the errors. Most do play ok in my el cheapo player.

Here's a scan of one of his backups,and it included a paper sticker label on it:

[​IMG]

See how horrible is scanned,pretty fugly.Take note of the PO failures, which are major errors. I've never seen a PO error on any of my own backup scans. Stand alone players can get through these errors with slight issues-freezing/pixellation. Dvd-rw drives can't.They need every bit of data to rip or they'll crc error out,when trying to get through that bad sector..

It played ok on my magnavox dvd player. It was unrippable.

The sad part,one of his unstickered backups scored slightly better,but was still fugly.

That question has been asked before,and there was a way. I can't recall how it was done. Watermarking a dvd has been mentioned. I will do some searching to see if I can find those threads.

10. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

11. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

12. frogno1

frogno1 Member

You can use sonic "DVDit" this authoring software support this fucntion, but it not free.:)

13. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

easyasabc just wondering why would you want to put that type of protection on your dvd's? and yes you could put it on your dvd's, and as you know it can be cracked into so you would want something that would be harder to break in to right? are you trying to keep your buddies fom copying your copys?