1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotswap Can Fix Xbox With Error 13, 14, 16, 20 And 21, can reinstate Xbox's HDD To Factory Condition, can also Install/Reinstall Softmod Files. Al...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by TheReturn, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

so if i have another open slot on the ide can i can use that one.

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@FrmDstryr
    donwload Config Magic and ftp to GAME folder on E drive. Run it to backup eeprom

@antolen
    Computer loads slower than normal after you connected xbox's hdd. Which means you have a wrong connection.

Xbox's hdd and PC's hdd are on 2 different ide cable. They are NOT on the same ide cable.

@Jinx2011
    you need 2 ide slots to do hotswap. Use the empty slot for xbox's hdd

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  3. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

ok cuz my mom wont let me do it on my new computer i have to do it on the old one that only has one ide

4. antolen

antolen Member

ok it finaly worked thatnks TheReturn for your guide what i did to fix my prob is to make my comp hdd and xbox hdd to master and when my computer loads then i hotswap it took my 5 tryes to recognize explorer360 my hardrive now it work perfectly !!!!

5. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Jinx2011
    1 ide port is hard to do hotswap and it maybe not work. If you want to try to do hotswap with 1 ide port. I will help you.

- PC off. Open PC. The IDE cable has 3 connectors. 1 end connects to motherboard, the other end connects to PC hdd. The middle one will connect to xbox's hdd. So it should be empty now.
    - follow my tut to do hotswap. Disconnect ide cable from xbox's hdd per my tut. Before connect xbox's hdd to PC, change the jumper to SLAVE. Then connect xbox's to PC.
    - Continue on per my tut. If PC loading very slow or slower than normal, hotswap will not work. If PC loads normally, you have a chance.
    - open xplorer360 and read hdd

let me know the result

@antolen

CHEERS............

6. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

@ TheReturn
    i ftp'd the config magic on but it wont load up, it takes like 10 minutes to go to the loading screen then it goes black and then go back to the dashboard.

7. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

jinx just take a ide cable from the other computer. or put your computer hd on the secondary slot and then go to bios by pressing f12 or esc (also called setup) when you turn on your computer. When you get to bios find where it says first boot priority and change it to secondary hdd.

8. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

hey guys ive been trying to hotswap for a while now and i can never seem to get it to work
    xplorer360 always says no fatx drive can be found..
    any help?

9. FrmDstryr

FrmDstryr Member

when you press pause/break key make sure it is after your motherboard has already detected the ide drives

10. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

thanks for the reply, how do i know when shes already detected the ide?

11. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

@TheReturn
    change jumper slave?????

12. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

fawk im such a noob i dont know what that means bro

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

@Jinx2011
    Because you have 1 ide slot on PC motherboard,do hotswap then change the xbox's hdd jumper to SLAVE before connecting it to PC. Otherwise you can NEVER get hotswap to work.

YOUR case is special, hotswap with 1 IDE slot. I'm dont know hotswap will work or not. This just is a TRY.

@sk8flawzz
    how did you do hotswap? DId you PC work normally after you connected xbox's hdd? which version explorer360 did you use? Try to download other versions like beta 3, 4, 5. Install one a time on PC.

14. sk8flawzz

sk8flawzz Regular member

@thereturn
    i hotswapped using your tutorial pressing pause, turning the xbox on until the white microsoft logo appeared then switching the ide cable and finally hitting spacebar, and yea my pc worked normally but it never detected the xbox hd, i tried using beta 5, but ill try others, hahahah wait i dont think ill try for a while, cause i was trying this using my old pc, and it got fawked up (not while hotswapping)

15. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

thereturn how will i do that???

16. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

change the jumper

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok
    with xbox off and opens. Look at the hdd where the ide and power cable. YOu should see a jumper between the ide and power cable. Read on top of the hdd to know how to set it to master, cable select and slave.

Set it to Master or Cable select for now. Then do hotswap. Before connect it to PC, change the jumper to Slave.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  18. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

thanks ill do that now

19. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

JUNION MEM YAAAA

20. Jinx2011

Jinx2011 Guest

ok it does not tell me how to change it but it is on cable select