1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Newcomers, EUROVOX autoupdate fix & how to do it

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by lenny123, Apr 13, 2008.

1. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Loading new auto update fix software to the EUROVOX
    Make a new folder on the computer & call it eurovox-fix
    Copy the software files to that folder (the loaders & channel file)
    Plug ntl Cable into the eurovox
    Connect a 9 pin com lead from your PC to the back of the Eurovox.
    Turn on & eurovox
    Open the supplied loader program
    HIT the top download button
    A box will come up saying version 2.10 detected. Click START.
    A system restart box will now come up on screen, if the eurovox does not start downloading in a few seconds turn the box/power off/on to begin the download. (do not turn off the eurovox when loading)

A progress bar will now come up that says “sending”
    Once this reaches 100% a writing box will come up as it writes the file. This normally takes just over a minute.

When finished the words
    “DOWNLOAD Successful” will appear.

You should now have 0000 on the front of the box , you may need to do a scan
    Or better still load the current .cdf file for your area & wait for the updating to finnish, it can take 5min or more

Eurovox MAX 2006
    http://www.zen29306.zen.co.uk/UFL_Max_Blue_10_04_08.exe
    Eurovox MAX 2007
    http://www.zen29306.zen.co.uk/UFL_Max_Red_10_04_08.exe
    Eurovox MAX 2008
    http://www.zen29306.zen.co.uk/UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_10_04_08.exe

How to indentify which version of eurovox you have
    The latest eurovox has an all black front & so you use the loader file called UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_10_04_08.exe.
    The previous version is called the eurovox RED because it came in a red carton so use the loader called UFL_Max_Red_10_04_08.exe.
    The first version was the eurovox BLUE as it came in a blue carton so use the loader called UFL_Max_Blue_10_04_08.exe.
    NOTE the blue & red version look the same & both have a silver plate on the front, to tell them apart check the following,…looking down at the box from above you can see 6 rows of air vents, looking in to the last row on the right you can see the tuner module beneath, counting from the rear count how many individual vents the tuner is beneath,..
    If it’s 8 vents that means you have a RED eurovox & if it’s 12 vents you have a BLUE eurovox,…now you know which of the above loaders to use. A word about clones,..before you do any of the above make sure you don't have a clone,..loading these files to a clone can kill the box,..no need to take the case off you should be able to peek through the vents,[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. rehammot

rehammot Member

Unfortunately new firmware did not work on Eurovox. New firmware worked fine on Starview, codes rolled OK, manual input was required once more on Eurovox.

3. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

YOU did'nt do it correctly,..your post implies that the fw in not working, which is incorrect, YOU have another issue which is causing it not to work for YOU,..Please don't make such misleading comments, people are confused enough,..I & many others have loaded these files to many eurovox's over the last few days & all updated 100% perfect, you will still get the "updating please wait" for 5 to 10 mins before your channels return.

4. asad786

asad786 Member

Yup Lenny 123, u r ryt, it does work, just the matter, of reading and understand the post properly Lol.

5. vin030468

vin030468 Member

please provide the latest codes for ntl london, euro vox 2006

6. asad786

asad786 Member

NTL LONDON:

*REMOVED*

Should Work:)

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  7. bardcom

bardcom Member

My box was working fine until I updated to the new Eurovox firmware because of N*L changing codes, etc. Now my box can't scan any channels. It says the signal is at 8%. I recall seeing something about this but I can't find it, and google can't include the percent sign in a search. Can someone point me to the fix please?

8. Gixer1100

Gixer1100 Member

Hi All,

Excellent advice and help - thanks in advance.

I have an old Silver Eurovox 2 (Twin scart). When using the latest Blue box update I lose the remote control and have to revert to an old version of firmware via the dnupman.

Manually entering the codes doesnt seem to be working either. (I also have a 2007 Max and the manual update works fine - it has just reverted back to auto updating itself ;-)

Is this a glitch or am I just using the wrong thing to update the box?

Has anyone done a new firmware update for the EV2?

Best regards
    Steve

9. J3nni3

J3nni3 Member

Hi I'm new at this so I need some help. I've been following lenny123's guide and am stuck after you press 'START'. It doesn't show a system restart box. I've clicked the top download button but it doesn't start downloading. The 'Firmware 2.10' box shows up but it flicks from COM1 to COM3. There is a 'start' button in the same pop up box and I've clicked it but it says that the reciever is not detected and says I have to download in 'boot mode' and gives 4 COM options. I've tried all 4 options (COM 4 and 2 don't work) but COM 1 and 3 just say 'waiting for the response of your receiver' but it's been waiting for aages with nothing coming up! I have a 2008 EUROVOX V black box if that helps. I've witched the Eurovox off and on to no avail. I don't know what to do somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!

10. karljd

karljd Regular member

asad 786 remove those codes asap or lenny's thread will be closed by the mod's and maybe you should "read and understand posts"

11. davelft

davelft Member

hi there thanks for all the advise uploaded my box no probs only prob now is when i scan for channels cant find any says "no signal" completly new at this can you help

12. karljd

karljd Regular member

which box? what area?

13. davelft

davelft Member

2008 black manchester

14. karljd

karljd Regular member

ok what firmware have you put on your box? have you scanned on the right provider?

15. davelft

davelft Member

sorry about this but now it says "no transponder to scan" uploaded kuro 3 no probs now this first try at this am i missing something!

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

You need to no who your provider is ,do a factory reset menu-config-clear data-factory default-symbol rate 6952 or 6887 whichever your provider is when this finishes it will just give you the fast install option it will start from 100mhz to 870 (i think)make sure you have the correct symbol rate selected make sure you have your coaxil in the rf in on your box and make sure your scart is in the tv scart on the box and not the vcr scart.

17. davelft

davelft Member

many many thanks this seems to be doing the job, when i got the box i was told the coaxil goes into the tv/vcr socket many thanks again

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

good let me no how you get on in the end

19. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

first check your cable feed from the wall box to the Max V, check they are tight,.then looking directly at the rear of the Max the cable feed should be connected to the top left input, check your scanning options are right for your area & cable company.

20. daisy01

daisy01 Member

hi, just got eurovox max v am reading the posts on how load auto update fix software and am a bit confused do i have to have the box connected to ntl or can i disconnect it, my computer is in a different room , so i can download software then reconnect