1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-510A

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ju2004, Jan 10, 2004.

1. ju2004

ju2004 Member

I have burned 10 coasters using the Sony DRU-510A! I tried TDK + R and Verbatim DVD-R (DVD Xcopy Gold) they burn fine and I can play it back on my PC but it will NOT work on the 3 DVD players that I have tried please help L

2. radiofree

radiofree Member

I have the same drive and have so far not burned a coaster - using the TDK+R at 4x speed and using the Verbatim as well. I have also been able to play them in both my P.O.S. Sony DVD player (3 year old) and my PS2. The stand-alone DVD player had some issues during chapter transitions (needed to be forced manually) but that was software related when I first started doing this - which software do you use? There are other forums here in afterdawn that talk about the media compatibility with standalone players.

Which players do you have? Most likely it is a media problem with those players - are they really old or brand new?

3. marcjuhh

marcjuhh Member

hey jun2004 i think i've got the answer i had the same thing with my sony and now i know what the problem was i had the wrong dvd-r her in holland we have dvd-r from "nashua" and they play here in holland on every dvdplayer i don't know if they sell nashua dvd-r in the country you live but i you can buye them you must buye that dvd-r.
    and to rip dvd-r i use the programm "dvd decrypter", and to shrink the movie with "dvd shrink" and i burn it with nero 6.3.0.2 that should work

i hope that your problem now is revolft

your sincely marc

4. JhenTsang

JhenTsang Member

Hi, just reading this, ive got the same drive and all backups have worked so far on my PS2 DVD rom, and on a DVD player(cant remember what make or model it was though)

One thing to make sure of is the DVDs themselves

Some players need a VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS
    folder.

Also the MUST be in caps and the files inside MUST also be in caps, try burning another disc and see if it works, if they arent already set up like this.