1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M4A file conversion!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JMT74, Apr 19, 2008.

1. JMT74

JMT74 Member

Yeah I have alot of M4A audio files that I wanna burn. What is the best way to convert these files to burn? I don't wanna lose any quality doing this. Is coverting the M4A to WAV the best or M4A to MP3? Also what is the best free software to convert? Thanks.

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Isn't .M4A that stupid DRM protected Apple format? If it is, your only real choice is iTunes to play or burn them. No need to convert them (separately) before you burn them because the burning software automatically converts them to 44.1 KHz WAV as part of the burning process.

3. mancislan

mancislan Regular member

I also have the same problem. I would like convert a few Mpeg4 protected files into MP3 format.
    I went on-line and found a couple of programs, like tunebite, but the free trial only converts one minute or so.
    I only have three Mpeg4 protected files that I want to convert, so it is not worth it for me to buy it.
    Does anyone know of any free software that converts these entire files?
    Thanks!

4. ben7337

ben7337 Member

Aren't M4A files the unprotected version? or can M4A be protected or unprotected?

I recommend you try dbpoweramp music converter with the m4a plugin. However unless you want to convert to wave you will also need another codec for it like the FLAC plugin or perhaps the Wavpack or APE plugin.