1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advent 7087

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lfclee, Apr 20, 2008.

1. lfclee

lfclee Guest

can any 1 help me pls i owen a advent 7087 laptop about 2 months ago i was use,n the laptop and got a blue screen of death anyways cut along storey short i try system restore wouldnt work so i went to the box i put away and got my recovery media out and anyways the cds seem to be corrput i rang the tech guys who made me sit there for 40 mins to tell me i need update disks so i paid 27 pound waited 2 weeks the disks come and bingo the dont work now they want me to pay £37 for more disk's can any 1 help me i still have the recovery partion on my hard drive and have got a copy of xp on it but i would rather do the recovery if possible can some 1 pls help me pls

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's disgraceful customer service that you have to pay for discs you should already have (It is also free for them to make these discs as software drivers are free). What happens exactly to the PC at the moment? What errors/problems do you have?

3. lfclee

lfclee Guest

i was watching a film went to the door and a blue screen come up saying pc hard recovered from from a error anyways windows woulnd load so a pal of mine give me his windows xp home disk because i have a windows key code on the laptop when i try'd to put my key into windows set up it said key was wrong so my pal give me his key anyway on my hard drive there is a partition on the and the recovery media is on the partittion but i need to know how i can get the recovery off the hard drive to make a disk and help would be great i just dont want to run a copy of windows as my g/f is cry's about that sort of thing

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If you don't have to recover any of the data that is on your hard drive, you should be able to boot directly into that recovery, when you boot up.

Go through the normal process of turning on your computer, and you press whatever key, right away, to get into the recovery program. Your manual should tell you which key to hit.