1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free IRC Shells ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Blackout, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Blackout

Blackout Member

Ye, just couldn't find threads relating this on afterdawn..

So, I'm actually looking for IRC Shell which of course could have chance to hold up homepage storage sized from 10 to 500MB.
    Preferably these are what I require from the IRC Shell at least:
    + Constant uptime
    + Screening IRRSI
    + Constant connection to Quakenet
    + Security relating DDOS attackers, hackers and of course by defaults; no people who would crash or restart the host by purpose Unless they are working to improve the security Of the shell host.

Last shell host I had was free and very reliable but no clue what happened to it as it just suddenly disappeared along with 250MB of files + my homepage.
    Well, free.. I donated to keep the host up and got shell which had more space, chance to keep open more than one background process and such things.

Main purpose for the shell I'm looking for is to have IRC open on "Screen IRSSI" and secondary could be space for a homepage.
    FTP Access would be nice so can upload custom themes and similar things for IRSSI so don't have to do everything from scratch.

And ye, just so it's more of a discussion, what kind of a use you have from shells usually?
    I tend to myself use shell for IRC (Irssi, irc client), compiling and handling some archived files.

2. cbrolly21

cbrolly21 Guest

I have one email me at i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  3. johnnysu

johnnysu Guest

lol cbrolly you saw that coming...OP, google it, there are plenty out there pal