1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Getting MIDI Controller to Work

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Xonos83, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Hi everyone, I apologize if this is the wrong forum to be posting this, but I was unsure which one to post in.

I have a 61-key midi controller made by Midiman (aka M-Audio), and my PC will not even recognize it when I plug it in. It was purchased about 4 years ago, and I've lost the driver disk that came with it. It is a Midiman Radium USB Keystation controller.

Would anyone have any ideas how to get this working? When I first got it, I was running it on Win2k, and upgrading to XP didn't seem to create a problem. I've checked the firewire USB cable to see if it has a short, and it is receiving power just fine.

Anyone have any ideas? I can provide model number and other details if needed. Thanks!

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Go to the manufacturer's website, and get the drivers for it.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

4. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

"Go to the manufacturer's website, and get the drivers for it."

I already did that at the beginning. The problem is not the drivers, the problem is my PC (and I guess the drivers) recognizing the keyboard. I actually have 2 different sets of drives that seemed most applicable. Could it be that it is too old for XP? I bought it 4 years back.

Thanks for the help though!

5. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

@ sammorris" Thanks for the link, but I've actually already got that exact set of drivers, lol. That's one of the two sets that I have. Thanks, though!

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

XP came out nearly 7 years ago so I doubt that's the problem. It might be faulty then. That'd be a bummer, it sounds expensive...

7. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Hey sorry for replying so late! So it turns out that you were right sammorris. The firewire connection on my keyboard is defective. However I managed to get it working via the MIDI to USB, so hooray for that!!

Thanks again for all the help guys!

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well some good news and some bad news in that then I suppose. How much did you pay for your midi USB keyboard? I'm thinking of getting one.