1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning MPEG to DVD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by XmarkusX, Jan 14, 2004.

1. XmarkusX

XmarkusX Guest

Ok heres what i have. I have a MPEG movie of bum fights and I would like to to burn it to a dvd in a VCD format, how do I do this. And I have one other question. I have a ton of music videos that i would like to burn to a DVD in a VCD format, would i burn them the same way? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want to Burn VCD"s to DVD it is Quite easy to do Cuz the VCD Format and the SIF DVD Format are allmost exactly the Same, But not Quite There is One Differance which is that DVD Must have the Audio Frequency at 48000hz and VCD"s have an audio Frequency of 44100hz so you need to resample the Audio in the VCD"s before you can author them to DVD..So you are going to have to Demux your VCD Files into seperate audio and Video files so you can resample the audio, If you have Multiple Files that you want to put on a DVD then it might be a good idea to Join them all into one File in the Order you want them ,This is so you don"t have to worry about resampleing a Bunch of seperate audio files files..What you can use to Join the Files and Seperateing the Audio & Video (Demuxing) and resampleing the Audio is "Tmpgenc" which is totally free for Mpeg1 use..You would Run Tmpgenc and go to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & cut" and then load in your Files in the Order you want them to be and then choose an output directory then click "Run" and it will Join the Files into one..Now go to "Simple Demultiplex" and Load in the Joined File and then click "Run" and it will seperate the Files into a .m1v Video file and an .mpa Audio File..Now you close the Mpeg tools and Load the mpa audio file into Tmpgenc as the Audio source and then on the bottom right under "Stream type" choose "ES(Audio Only)" then click "Settings" under the Audio heading under "Stream type" make sure it is set to "Mpeg1 Layer 2" then under "Sampleing Frequency" choose "48000hz" and under "Bitrate" choose "384kbs" then Click "OK" and now just click the "Start" button on the Top Left and it will resample the audio...
    Now you will need a DVD authoring program so you Can add chapters and menu"s and finally burn it to DVD...An easy one to use is "Tmpgenc DVD Author" which is differant that the Encoder we used before...Once you Install Tmpgenc DVD author you Just have to Load the m1v Video file in and the resampled mpa audio file and author it to DVD...Most good DVD authoring Programs will accept seperate audio and Video files..You can get these Programs at http://www.tmpgenc.net/........Cheers

3. cyberB

cyberB Guest

WOW u helped me alot 2.
    last Q is in which format do i burn them using nero 6 and do i burn them as mpeg or do i need 2 convert to vob files???
    cheers

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Nero does Not Author DVD"s...Ot will only burn dvd Folders and Data to DVD"s But to create the Proper Directories and to Format the Files with the Menu"s and Chapters you need to use a DVD authoring Program..
    I mentioned "Tmpgenc DVD author" which is one of the easiest Programs to use to Author a DVD, Nero does not do this......Cheers

5. taranga

taranga Guest

Nice info there. thanks guys. :)