AfterDawn Forums

Changining Wii from PAL to NTSC?

This discussion thread has 12 messages.

Is it possible to do? I bought a wii in Aussie and would love to bring it back with me.
▼▼ This topic has 11 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
No, but if you get a modchip you can play NTSC games on you Pal Wii.

Bobby Hill
Originally posted by wiichess:
No, but if you get a modchip you can play NTSC games on you Pal Wii.
Ya, I have a mod already. I have put so much money and effort to this wii, I just wanted to be able to switch it to an NTSC version.

Apparently a guy that came down from Canada at the same time as me changed his from NTSC to PAL. Weird.
egrialuca Account closed as per user's own request
dont think its possible to change the region of the hardware, i mean why would u wanna do that, might as well just buy it from another region.
egrialuca is right, you can't change wii region. My question is if you have a modded wii, why does it have to be NTSC.

Bobby Hill
Maybe he installed 21 inch rims and he doesnt wanna change it :) or maybe the neon light ;)

JB PS3 FAT 160 GB/ FW REBUG 3.55 - PS3 Slim 120 GB FW 3.65 - Wii 4.2E Soft/Hard MOD W/USB Loader 250 GB - XBOX 360 PRO 250 GB - XBOX 360 XENON JTAG - PS2 V13 - DSi/Supercard DSTWO - HP Pavilion dv7 - JB Iphone 3G/FW 4.2.1

http://g.bfbcs.com/5690/ps3_nash21979.png
egrialuca is right, you can't change wii region. My question is if you have a modded wii, why does it have to be NTSC.
Well, I just want to bring back my PAL wii and play it in Canada.
Originally posted by pf03ho:
You can just do that, nothing will happen. Besides some games come out in Europe before they do in America.

Bobby Hill
Originally posted by pf03ho:
You can just do that, nothing will happen. Besides some games come out in Europe before they do in America.
How do I do it if PAL and NTSC systems are different? I just plug in the Aussie cord into a power transmitter and then into the wall, and plug in the A/V cables into the tv? I didnt think that was possible...?
for the power output problem u can just get a converter/transformer for the voltage difference if the AC adapter requires a different voltage, if u dont want to do that might as well just get one in canada...

notes: however i think australia is 240v and canada is 240v as well...
and yes, u just plug the a/v cable into the tv.
I have a modded NTSC and I want to run a PAL game but I either get a "unsupported mode" message if I use composite or the screen is in black & white if I use component... What can I do then?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.