Sony 40W2000 DVI to HDMI

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by speighty1, May 26, 2008.

1. speighty1

speighty1 Member

I have a sony 40w2000 connected to my 8800gtx via dvi to hdmi, the problem im having is i cant get a picture no matter what resolution i choose, the card is seeing the tv because it lists it in nvidia control panel, i am able to change settings for the tv but nothin happens at the 40w2000 end, just a black screen with av5 in the top left corner.

If anyone can help that would be great, been at this for about 4 days now.

2. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

Hi, what type of DVI does your motheboard have, it should be DVI-D or DVI-I if your using an HDMI cable, i'm a newbie and had similar problems and finally switched to my HD motherboards component tv out but found the picture to be inferior to VGA.

I couldn't connect with my component tv out at first but found the answers on my motherboards web site which had guides to setting up a connection from a PC to a HDTV, plus a forum that was helpful.

It still took me ages to figure it all out, not to mention overscan etc, but thats another story, have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card, click on the DVI link above for more info.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008