1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Converter of M4P file to MP3 HELP PLEASE !!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dward, Jun 1, 2008.

1. dward

dward Member

Hi There Everybody-

I purchased a song off iTunes and it is in an M4p format. I want to use the song for a DVD slide show as a soundtrack , but my software wont import it. So,,,I have found all kinds of converters for m4p to mp3 for a price and the trial versions of these converters will only do 60 to 90 sec. of the song. Can anybody recomend a totally free converter for this. I do not want to spend 19 to 29 dollars for converting only one song, all my other songs are fine. Thanks for your time and hole to hear from you all soon.

Sincerely- Doug Ward

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Got XP? If so you probably can record the 'Stereo Mix' using Audacity or MP3 DirectCut. Most Vista installations don't allow recording from the soundcard. If stereo mix doesn't show up in your mixer, search for directions on enabling it.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

does dbpoweramp do these? I know it does m4a.

Maybe I should make a win32 port of the wonderful perl script called sound-convert which us DRM free *nix people have been using for years.

Funnily.. I would try ffmpeg which does far more than video and seems to care not a jot about drm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2008
  4. dward

dward Member

Thanks for the fast response, but I'm kind of confused about the ffmpeg download. it downloads as a .7z file extention and Windows XP dosn't recognize it when I try to install. Any further advise would be great on how to download and use it or anything else.

Thanks again for your time !!!!

Sincerely- Doug Ward

5. varnull

varnull Guest

ffmpeg is a FOSS program.. you should be able to find a straight exe. Only trouble is .. it's a pure command line application so you will need to look up the documentation and experiment.

There are a few FOSS audio converters about. IVC (internet video converter) is a gui frontend for ffmpeg and can be configured using custom profiles or try some of these.. no guarantees, but they are free..

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

http://www.micocosoft.com/audio-converter/

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

or you could send me the file and I will see what I can do with it.

6. dward

dward Member

Hi There-

Thanks for the tips and links, unfortunality I still can't get something that is simple and to even recognize my song. If I send it to you, what e-mail can I use, or is there another way to send it.

Thanks so much !!!

Sincerely- Doug Ward

7. varnull

varnull Guest

pm sent ;)