AfterDawn Forums

How do I hook up a DSL line? Outside to inside

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

K my Cuz ordered a Dsl setup, the phone guy stopped by hooked up a seperate line for the dsl,But he did not hook any wires up to the screws in the box where phone line goes.He left a phone cord with 4 wires,Orange,Orange and white,Blue and white and blue .

How do I hook these up for her Dsl to work? I have gotten a dial tone by hooking up Blue to red in the box,and orange to the green screw in the box,still have no DSL tho.The modems Data light never comes on,the internet light works and so does the connection light.I have tried this by using the spliter plug he left and also by running it straight to the modem,any ideas I should would apperciate it.Thanks
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
It's been my experience that if you listen for dial tone on an unfiltered DSL line you should hear a high pitched tone over the dial tone - that's the indication that it is a DSL line.
Originally posted by yzrider22:
K my Cuz ordered a Dsl setup, the phone guy stopped by hooked up a seperate line for the dsl,But he did not hook any wires up to the screws in the box where phone line goes.He left a phone cord with 4 wires,Orange,Orange and white,Blue and white and blue .

How do I hook these up for her Dsl to work? I have gotten a dial tone by hooking up Blue to red in the box,and orange to the green screw in the box,still have no DSL tho.The modems Data light never comes on,the internet light works and so does the connection light.I have tried this by using the spliter plug he left and also by running it straight to the modem,any ideas I should would apperciate it.Thanks
Tell the phone guy to come back and finish the job he started.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Well I got it figured out.The brand new eithernet/usb Cable was bad.I took one of my eithernet cables there in hooked it up,soon as it did the data light came on,seconds later I had a ip addy in was online.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.