1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to burn a dvd onto a cdr

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by bigbob201, Jun 6, 2008.

1. bigbob201

bigbob201 Member

i have some dvds i want to back up and put them on to cdrs can anyone help me

2. GeneralP

GeneralP Regular member

if there smaller than 700mb then all you do is copy the dvd to your computer then insert the cd and copy those files to the cd

3. F4HAD

F4HAD Guest

You will have to compress the contents of the dvd first
    In order to this, you can use DVD Decrypter or DVD X Copy, and a DVD Authoring software which will allow you to encode it to AVI, but you will only be able to do one cd-r per one dvd film, and the file size would be exactly about 700mb (a decent quality dvdrip)
    The quality of the backed-up dvd (on cd-r) wont be as good as the original, and will only play on a divx enabled DVD player.
    The quality of the final DVDRip produced will be about:
    650x250 resolution at 25 frames per second, with an audio bitrate of about 120kb/s (mp3).
    You can also create a 2cd backup, but the movie would be split into 2 disks, which might be inconvenient for you, but if you choose to make a 2cd backup the quality would be much better at about:
    750x350 resolution at 25 frames per second, with an audio bitrate of about 120kb/s (5.1 surround sound, (ac3))
    Please reply back if you want me to help you make the DVDrips and I will create a little tutorial for you

4. bigbob201

bigbob201 Member

yes f4had can u please help with the dvdrips i have convert x to dvd 3now if this will help any

5. F4HAD

F4HAD Guest

ok, id like to help, but i need some more info from you, are the dvd's original or backups?

6. bigbob201

bigbob201 Member

they are original ones

7. F4HAD

F4HAD Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008