1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M3 DS Real + Rumble Ram Pak = Opera browser

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by tomle59, Jun 10, 2008.

1. tomle59

tomle59 Member

I am trying to get the Opera Browser to work on my M3 DS Real.

I have install the M3 Real in slot 1 and the Ram Pak in slot 2.
    On the 2G SD card, I have the Nintendo DS Browser.nds and Nintendo DS Browser.SAV and the browser patcher tool.rar in the NDS folder.

When I started the browser from the Game menu. The Opera browser screen came up. But after that a message appeared as below:

Memory Expansion required
    Press POWER or touich the checkmark to power off, then insert the Memory Expansion you received when purchasing your copy of the Nintendo DS Browser.

The browser software did not see the installed Rumble Ram Pak even when I have the patch file in.

What do I need to do to get the browser to work. Really appreciated if someone could help.

2. isaacbomb

isaacbomb Guest

3. undersc0

undersc0 Member

I am having problems as well, I got a rumble pack with the DS Real. Do I need to have the gba pack? I was thinking maybe there was an alternative browser out there that may work with the need of another pack other than the ds real...I can't seem to find anything yet. Any help would be appreciated.

4. isaacbomb

isaacbomb Guest

you need the rumble pack for th ds browser and you dont put the .rar in the card you unzip or "open" it with a program called winRar google it its a trial but it never really expires after you extract the .rar file you will have a folder with a few files in it. there should be instructions

5. Duckss

Duckss Member

OK, so I have the M3 DS Real, 4GB MicroSD, GBA Expansion pack and a patched Browser_M3.nds ROM on the M3 Cart.
    Everything works fine (DSOrganise, backup of a few ROM's - for games I own ! etc) until the Opera front screen flashes up, and I get the message saying "Memory Expansion required - Press POWER or touch the checkmark to power off, then insert the Memory Expansion you received when purchasing your copy of the Nintendo DS Browser."
    But I have the GBA expansion pack plugged into slot 2.

What the hell is going on?
    Does anyone know a fix this problem?

Cheers,

Duckss.

6. isaacbomb

isaacbomb Guest

7. Duckss

Duckss Member

The GBA pack IS plugged in.
    I DID patch the browser using the above link in the first place.
    I deleted everything and started agian.
    Still asking for Memory Expansion.

8. sean95

sean95 Guest

I have the rumble ram pack I got it from nxpgame.com and the reason I bought it was that on the website it said that it would work with the ds browser, but of course it says that the need to be browser memory inserted ect...I need help

9. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

I have the GBA expansion pack and have just patched the browser, I had to do it twice as the first time I did not get the right link (must use handheldsources.com) It worked first time I did it corrctly, I patched the clean DS browser file put it in the NDS folder and away it went. When I downloaded the patch from the above, in the instructions it did say for the GBA pack, the other patch I downloaded from another site said for rumble ram, I think there may be a difference. Other makes of rumble ram may not work

Sorry I can't help more but worked for me!

10. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Wow, just read from the top and realised what is wrong, the only thing that should be in the NDS folder is the Browser.nds, you have to patch it, not put the patch in the folder. Download from handheldsources.com, unzip using winrar and you get a folder that says English, open this and you should have 3 icons, 1 says ispwin, double click on this. This opens the patching program, in the top area of the program tell the program where the Browser rom is, in the bottom box tell it where the patch is (The G6_OPERA.ips in this folder) hit the patch button, when completed put the browser rom (that is now patched) into the nds file. Start and away you go.

11. willum

willum Member

Hi,
    I have a little question:

Did someone succeed to open a local stored html file on the Nintendo with the Opera browser ?

(file://index.html) I have it on the R4 card, but I can't find it (tried a lot of different options)
    I can use Opera on the internet so it's installed ok.